Chapter 8 - The Animated Witch

Chapter 8 – The Animated Witch

The room filled with a smell of incenses of different scents, perfumes and flowers, the place was bright with colours and almost cluttered as well, each shelve was filled with used and new candles, strange jars filled with odd labels with dots on them, the couch she was one was soft and large, the wallpaper was bright and dotted around were ornaments, charms and wall scrolls of different colours and shapes, in front of her was a old witch slighty hunched over wearing a white apron, a long cream sleeve top with the sleeves rolled up, a long skir that stopped jus abouve the ankles, on her feet were a pair of Geta clogs on her feet made of wood, around her neck is a set of aqua coloured beads, her hair was pink and bunched up at the back, she had various wrinkles and a pair of red tinited glasses on her face, now and again she would use two fingers on the arm of the glasses to adjust them in a more comftable manner “So my dear are you Alinson”

Alinson was amazed by her appearance and by her room as she had never seen such brightness in colours, she was so amazed by the place and the old witches apprence that she could say a word until Okinini spoke again “my dear i know your not there even though my eyes are gone so speak up, no its Nicolas, that is why our guest is quiet”

There was a hiss as if steam was escaping “no my dear that is our guessssssst, it is Alinsssssson, not that grumpy landlord of oursssssss”

Alinson looked around the room confused about where the sound was coming from or who was talking “oh hush up dear, if it were her she would speak up, besides you need to speak up i can hardly hear you”

Alinson gulped “it is Alinson miss”

Okinini looked down almost directly at her “ah i knew it was, now would you like some tea?”

Alinson nodded “yes please”

With a smile and a rub of her hands “right then, i belive the tea pot, cups and saucers are here somewere”

Alinson watched helplessly as Okinini walked up to the large round table with a gold and blue trimmed table cloth on it, she picked up a teapot and filled it with her hands “ah here is the pot, now for the cups”

Again the voice could be heard as it started off again with a hissing noise “itssss lower down my dear on the shelve next to your pure cryssssstal ball”

Alinson wanted to ask who that was but she waited, eventualy she found the cup and with a smile said “would you like some tea my dear, yes of course you do everybody likes my tea”

Without warning Alinson was trusted a cup in her hands and Okinini started to pour in the tea but it was a set of funny colours, the more alinson watched it the more it looked like a rainbow in her cup, once again she didn’t know what to say as she asked timidly “thank you, what flavour is it?”

Okinini turned around “whats that girl speak up”

 Alinson cleard her throat “what flavour tea is it”

Okinini giggled “anything you want it to be my dear, its special tea from a magic cracked pot”

Again the hissing noise followed by words “you’re the crack pot my dear but a lovely one”

Oknini sighed “oh my dear you have a way with words”

Alinson stared at the rainbow coloured liquid wondering what to do until she shrugged and took a first sip, strawberry and butter cream, it was sweet but tasted nice, but each sip was different, blu berry, chcoclot, and others, when she eventually finished the tea Okinini sat opposite her on a stool with a grin Alinson had to ask “i’m sorry miss Oknini”