Chapter 13 - cook to keep Part 1

She had stood back admiring her well earned hard work like a artesian praising their final piece, and in Alinson's case 'Project Pristine Kitchen.' She stood back with a satisfied smile staring at her accomplishment as she wiped the sweat from her brow with the back on her hand, dirtying her face more accidently as her hands had become brown and coated with grim. As another single droplet of sweat slide down from her brow running down her cheek before running down her exposed neck as she had tied her hair up in a pony tail, as many more beads of sweat socked into the bodice of her dress that now clung to her.

The room that once was a storage of rubbish, useless junk and grease, that held the strong foul rotting ordure was now gone. It now held the sweet fresh fragrance of citrus, the floor was removed of every foul, worthless object and free from greasy ill looking stains; now glistening and shiny resembling a mirror making the room look a lot bigger then what she had first realised now that it was free from clutter and filth. The counters, the fridge and cooker spotlessly clean and unrecognizable as if they were given a new lease of life and given back its purpose.

It was a shame that she did not have much time as she had wanted, as the titles old and broken were barely attached to the wall, and that the walls looked even though they were clean from mysterious unattractive stains and mucky streaks made the room still look dark then what she would have liked. She hoped that if Nicholas decided to keep her on as a tenant finding the Kitchen satisfactory or deem able, that he would allow her to do just that; as Isaac had indicated earlier that Okinini had usual bright strange titles that were never used in her room and would be glad to part from them for the cause. And that Kendor went through a stage of being critically indecisive of choosing colours to paint his room in, buying pots and pots of paint that had never been used or opened.

Isaac however, did not look as if he had even touched a thing, as he remained incredibly pristine; he did not even break a sweat or look slightly dishevelled even though he had helped her without taking a single break, as he had perhaps helped clean and repair the most filthiest places she could not reach. With the work now done he hovered motionlessly above the polished dining table that he had not seen in centuries, sitting with his legs crossed peering almost incredibly at the Kitchen he had helped clean. As he had never imagined that such a task was possible without wishing it possible, he couldn't believe himself that he a genie; that could easily wish away the dirt by a single wish. Could think it capable of doing such a feat by hand and for once using his noggin, with a determined young woman who didn't give up on the task at hand when the rest of them had only just to open the door and look in for a second and give up without even trying. An extraordinary woman he thought as he looked over at her taking in her mucky, dishevelled appearance as she remained smiling and uncomplaining; as her skin became glossy from the pouring sweat as she held her hands to her hips. But even though she was dirty to head to toe she still remained pretty as she looked over the kitchen and said with determined hopefulness, "well it's not perfect and it could probably do with a lick of paint to brighten the place up. And maybe another once over?"

With curious eyes he looked at her believing strongly that she was what this place needed, as he said reminding her of the next task at hand; "that may be so, but you have only less than three hours left. You still need to cook dinner, though may I make a suggestion and that you clean yourself up first?" As he looked once again at her appearance indicating a well deserved wash was earned.

Watching the him look up and down her form she looked at herself already seeing what he had meant, as she then walked to a nearby mirror that hung of the wall on the most vacant side of the kitchen grasping at her appearance as she saw the smudged lines of muck from her hands on her brow and cheek and at the ends of the escaped strands hair, "I look awful" she exclaimed taken back from her appearance. Indeed she needed a shower looking back at a watchful Isaac she pleaded, "Isaac I know how much you've done already, and I am a very grateful. But could you do me a small favour please?"