Chapter 11 - New attire and a request (completed)

Chapter 11 – New attire and longer stay

The shop bell rang with a simple tingle noise but the manager of the shop could hear it from her back room and the sound of a new customer entering with a usual customer in tow, her outfit was smart with well polished shoes, seamless white stockings, a black skirt with a cress less shirt and suit jacket with gold buttons and cuffs, her hear was cut very short and was red it colour, her blue eyes seem to sparkle with a bright smile and red lips that seem to brighten up the room “welcome to Sagittarius Silks, my name is Cassidy please browse around our emporium and if you have any question please don’t hesitate to ask me or my seamester Francis”

The shop was rather busy as Cassidy played the role of manager and greeter, she had not long inherited her shop from her aunt and uncle who both passed away, it started off as a small shop that sold if not the basic silk colours but thanks to her creative mind and the help from Francis contacts she turned it into one of the largest silks shop in the province, but it did more than silks, it did all sorts of fabrics, materials and even sold clothes of their own design, there staff consisted of four other members and three delivery crew that would distribute the merchandise, one of the members was called Francis, most of the staff answer to him first because of his years of knowledge, he was a tall skinny man with a gray moustache, his hair was cut short and sleeked back with years of constant combing back, he had a neat suit complete with red tie and very polished shoes, around one eye was a single monocle and slightly bushy eyebrows, in his hand was a clip board and a pencil behind his ear “Cassidy i understand that you requested five rolls of fabric, silk, cotton, wool, Cashmere, polyester and cloth of gold”

Cassidy turned around “yes i did, i figured we need more from what the stock take told me”

Francis raised a eyebrow “is that so? From what i understand of the stock take were taking in more than we need, were over stocked”

“the over stocked we are Francis but that is the way i like it, were they on time?”

Francis sighed, he knew what the answer was and what was coming, he knew her mannerism as he paused at first but found her question of putting “well? Were they punctual?”

Francis shook his head “no Cassidy, they were early”

Cassidy shook her head “that’s another letter were going to have to send to them either that or find a new supplier, they should know that they need to be punctual, that is why time was invented so that things can be on time”

“well Cassidy you sometimes need to expect that they might be either early or late, weather problems road problems”

Cassidy turned to face Francis her cheery look was whipped from her face to a more stern scorn “i don’t care its not my problem, its there’s, now did that new mannequin turn up as well?”

Francis rolled his eyes “yes it did, but why you want a clock work one that plays music is beyond”

With a smile Cassidy pointed at him and said “the idea behind it is to show how much free room our stockings and clothes have, it is a innovation to help guide the fashion world”

Francis nodded sarcastically “uh hah and the fact it is a second hand modal going cheap has nothing to do with it”

Her smile withdrew slighty and her arm and finger lowered as her arms crossed in a defensive posture “well that was one reason but it will help our sales and everybody recognises Tyotr Eeyich Ravovsky’s Cogcracker suit”

“yes well that maybe the case and i admit that her work is a classic peace of musical marvel but i don’t think it will work in here, everybody is too busy and gauping at your machines”