Be my Forever - Chp. 5

Showering alone was weird. My body wanted to sleep, but my racing thoughts kept me awake through both the previous night and my searing hot shower.

I couldn't wipe the images from my brain. Sora, in shock on his bed whilst Kairi sat in front of the camera in her bra and panties. God knows had I waited just a few more minutes...

I just don't understand, was this because of the arguing? Had this secretly been going on all along? Is that why Kairi never said a word to me about affections for Sora? Am I honestly so oblivious...

My throat was still dry and breaking, I hadn't gotten up from the bed from the moment our fight ended-- resulting in no, very much needed, water. The heaving and repressed noises from my sobs had felt as if they'd torn my vocal cords entirely. Would we speak today? Would he apologize to me?

Should I forgive him?

"Are you done yet?" probably not.

"It's none of your concern." I say, ripping open the door to the bathroom, prepared for my day out.

"Uh, yes it is, I don't need you holding me back today."

"--Then stay here. I've got a keyblade, I don't need you to tag along. Go skype thundercunt again, I'm sure she's easy-- I mean, eager." I brush past Sora and down the hall to the cockpit.

"Stop saying things like that, your language is awful!" I scoff.

"Not worse than cheating." I retaliate.

"You know what, go ahead. Go alone, I'll watch you crash and burn today." Sora crosses his arms as he sits in the pilot's chair.

"The only thing I'll be crashing and burning is your nut-sack after you defend thundercunt again."

"Stop--"

"AH. I will LITERALLY light them on fire." I stomp my foot down into my boot, give one final warning glare, and exit the ship. Fuck today. "Where even am I..." I look around, finally resting my eyes on a welcome  sign. "Todayland." Odd name. City structures reached peaks of well over 300 feet, glass tubes covered the land, and bubbles and cars with multiple passengers floated through the skies. "Woah," I whispered, a bit caught up in this futuristic place.

"LOOK OUT!" I turn to my right, narrowly avoiding something that zoomed past me. A boy runs full speed towards me, presumably after whatever just passed me, but he stops to catch his breath once he reaches me. "Dammit." He huffs, and I look in the opposite direction, whatever passed me was completely out of sight.

"Are you alright?" I ask, taking in the teenager in front of me. His dark hair was slicked up in a rather stylish fauxhawk, and he was tall and skinny, much like the type of guys I was into back at Shady Isle.

"As alright as I can be for someone who just had his project stolen. I swear to god, every time I get something good going, that jerk comes and rips it from my hands--"

"Jerk?" I ask.

"Dash! He's a friggin' jerk, and he's always taking my homework so he doesn't flunk out." I reel back a bit.

"Do you mean to tell me that what went past me at like 50 miles per hour was a PERSON?" The teen rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, he's like some freak track superstar, I don't know. All I know is he keeps taking credit for my work, and there isn't a damn thing I can ever do about it because he either beats the shit out of me or runs at inhuman speeds." He takes a seat on the ground before looking up to me. "I'm Wilbur, by the way, Wilbur Robinson. Are you from around here?" I shake my head, telling him my name. He sighs. "Well, consider yourself lucky then. Dash is a pig when it comes to women, anyways." Wilbur rests his head in his hand and I sit beside him, tucking my brand new dress underneath my butt.