Be My Forever - Chp. 4

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Sora could tell something was up. If it wasn't enough that I had barely spoken since returning to the ship, I had immediately decided to bake brownies. Not a word, not even a glance in his direction, just completely focused on the chocolatey deliciousness I SO needed right now. He went to dunk his fingers in the bowl about two minutes ago and I had shot him a look that might've said something along the lines of 'I'll cut yer fucking fingers off, I swear on me mum'. He decided to sit down at the kitchen table, no brownie batter delight on his fingers or tongue.

"Is everything.. alright?" He asked finally, leaning on his hand as I toss the brownie tin in the oven.

"Peachy." I reply, again deciding to be short with him.

"Doesn't really seem like it." He stands, approaching me from behind and wrapping his arms tightly around me. "Are you sure you're okay?" His breath hits my neck, and I unwillingly melt into him again. Unbelievable how impossible it is to stay mad at him. I wanted to make a big deal of it, but maybe I shouldn't.

"I just..." I let out a sigh. "I don't really feel like you love me much, Sora. You haven't exactly done much to show it lately." Sora draws back a little at this.

"What? Rea.. Why would you think that?" He frowns at me as I turn to face him.

"Are you telling me you haven't noticed recently? Since the day we left things have just felt a little... off. It's really getting to me, Sora." His blue eyes read deep into mine, and he pulls me into his arms, resting one hand on the back of my head to bury me in his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Rea. I hadn't realized..." His lips softly touch the top of my head. "I love you, please don't doubt that. I'll try to do better for you." I feel my lip quiver, my fears slowly fading with his words.

"I just need a little more affection from you, that's all. I know I shouldn't have doubts, I just need reassurance sometimes." Sora gives a nod before I step onto my toes so our lips can reach. It's a soft kiss, reminding me much of our first kiss in Christmas Town. I needed that.

"Feeling any better?" He asks with a smile and eyes so soft, I could nearly drown in myself.

"Yes.. You can lick the batter spoon clean, if you'd like." I whisper, almost shyly, embarrassed by my previous attitude. Sora laughs at this, and I feel myself blushing.

"How about we go cuddle and watch a movie until the brownies are finished?" He holds out a hand to me, and my heart regains it's previous excited skips.

"That sounds wonderful."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The abrupt stop of the gummi ship causes my bowl of cereal on the kitchen table to nearly spill. I look to Sora, who shrugs.

"Guess we're here." He shoves some bacon in his mouth. Ick. "The map said Bella Notte, whatever that means." I grin widely.

"That's Italian! It means 'Beautiful Night'. I wonder what this place will look like.. I can't wait!" I bounce on my toes while shoving the final bite of Honey Bunches of Oats into my mouth. "Ready ready ready?" I push Sora out of the kitchen, much to his dismay.

"Noooo, there was still bacon leefftt!" He cries, but to no avail. I have my shoes on, and much like a dog ready for his walk, I sit at the door happily, waiting for Sora to prepare himself for our journey. He raises an eyebrow at me as he slips on his shoes.

"What is with you?" He asks. I wiggle my butt for a moment in excitement.

"I'm not sure exactly, I just have a really great feeling about today. Like, I've been missing something and I'm finally gonna get it, you know?" I pause, not quite sure what's come over me. "I dunno, I just... I just feel good, something about this place."