Chapter 23

SET IT OFF WAS DAVID DOBRIK'S OUTRO SONG MY LIFE IS COMPLETE THEY GOT THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE MY FAVS ARE BEING NOTICED OMG I CANT IM FREAKING OUT OMG (also enjoy the chapter lol)

----------

Love, is not kind, not in the slightest. It will lie to you, hit you with emotions at your weakest point and convince that your decisions and actions are the right ones. Here's a hint, they're not.

At the time of me writing this, I have stared love in the face two times, and it hurts. The first time, I was left in a daze, the world spinning around me while it appeared I walked in slow motion, my thoughts dragging me down like anchors on a sailboat. Like the titanic, I had begun to sink.

The second time was much like the first, I hadn't expected it, but it hit me. Full force, like a car crash, it happens when you least expect it, when you feel safe, until you're not. I had been at a weak point, broken down and beaten by my own subconscious, vulnerable in the arms of love.

In an instant, I'm consumed, my thoughts overtaking me and next thing I know I'm caught up in love, the feeling of it aching in my chest, jump starting the long dormant feelings I had been feeling before. Love lets me go, making me fall just a bit into him, he catches me again, tangling himself in my thoughts, my feelings, my utmost desires. For a moment, I begin to feel us both falling, falling hard, together, and waiting for the gentle landing to carry us away from the harshness of reality.

It isn't until a few mornings later I am reminded of how cruel love truly is, rejection staring me down with such an intense emotion it's hard to believe that the concept of love is not an entire human of its own. Thoughts of evil and torment balanced by the way it eases up every once and a while, letting you breathe for a moment before it squeezes the air from your lungs, crippling you once again.

Anger, white hot anger explodes through my chest, steering my emotions and logic straight into a wall, the realization of being played stabs me in the leg, and I crumble to the floor, explosions of pain bursting through my chest as I heave for breath, for some sign of life. I'm hurt, I realize as these instances swirl around me like a tornado, I've been injured and I don't know what to do except lie in the dirt, gasping for breath as I wait for someone, something, anything to save me from this despicable fate I have been handed. In my moment of weakness, vulnerability, and pain, I realized just how much love hated me, how much it hated the way I breathed and lived my life, despite using everything in my ability to avoid crossing it's path.

Oh well, it wouldn't be the first time that all my efforts hadn't been good enough.

-----------

The breath is knocked out of Evan as he reaches his locker, being shoved against it forcefully as an arm presses against his throat. It's now after school, and Evan was confused by the angry look that held him against the lockers.

"What the hell is your problem? Why are you messing with my friend?" Luke growls, confusing Evan once again as he looks into his angry eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about-" he is released from the aggressive grip, but unable to escape the intense stare.

"I know that you and Jon kissed, and I don't want you messing with him, alright? I don't care about your intentions because I'm sure they're sick, just like everyone else who does what you do, absolutely sick." Luke looked deep into Evan's soft brown eyes, looking for hints of malice or ill intentions. "I know just how fake you are, Evan, and I know you really don't care one bit about Jonathan, so don't pretend with me."