Chapter 10

I'm really trying to space out these updates because I'm trying to write at least two more before I update again but I'm in such a good mood and I've had such a good day and it somehow keeps getting better and omg I need to spread the joy

---------------

"Hey. Party. Tomorrow at ten. Be there or don't." Jennifer placed a piece of paper directly in front of Evan before walking away quickly. He wasn't surprised, she had been really into him when they had a one night stand; she wanted to be more while Evan had politely refused, insisting that wasn't how he did things. Obviously, she was still upset about it.

His eyes, previously stuck to the plain table, now scanned the paper she had put down. It was covered in messy hand writing, revealing the time and place, along with other various information.

"You going?" Tyler asked from across the lunch table, tilting his head as he waited for his friend's response.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Evan grabbed the flyer and messily folded it, shoving it into his pocket as he looked up. He smiled at his friend. "Of course, sounds fun." He shrugged nonchalantly. "You guys want to come?"

"And experience the cliche of making bad choices as a teenager? Yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I kinda like my liver the way it is, sober." Marcel joked, taking a sip from his soda bottle.

"Oh, come on, this is going to be a chill party. Whole school's invited." He insisted, having already memorized the text on the paper. "Really, you guys should come." Although his voice didn't sound like he was trying to convince them, it still had the same effect as if he had said it that way.

"I'll go." Tyler shot an encouraging look at Evan. "It's senior year, why the hell not?" Evan didn't know what it was, but something about Tyler's voice seemed off, but he didn't mind, because maybe all of his friends would agree since Tyler did.

He looked up at the rest of his friends hopefully. "Come on, guys, its gonna be fun!" Evan tried to encourage them to tag along, trying to paint the picture that parties aren't as bad as they think.

"I'll go, unless I get offered drugs or something because then I'm out." Marcel joked, yet still agreeing to attend.

Eventually, they all agreed, more or less, considering that it took a considerable amount of convincing, somehow ending in them all meeting at Evan's about an hour before they were going to leave.

---

"Hey guys." Evan said as he opened his front door, smiling at his friends as they entered. "You guys excited?"

"I'm so excited to make bad choices!" Tyler smiled, pumping his fist into the air.

Evan laughs. "You won't make bad choices, dude. It's a party, you're supposed to have fun."

--

Evan felt more like a mom rather than a friend. He was not having fun. Within the first few minutes of entering the party, his friends had dispersed into different areas, leaving Evan alone by the front entrance.

Granted, he usually attended these kind of events alone, but he knew that he should keep an eye on his friends.

That was half an hour ago, and Evan had yet to find his friends, most likely temporarily lost his hearing because of the shitty music that was blasting, and he actually felt stressed. It was the first party that his friends came with him to, he wanted to make sure they didn't do anything too crazy which, ironically, was driving him crazy.

Yet on the outside, he stayed calm and cool, giving off a chill vibe to anyone who walked by. Despite not really enjoying himself, not even taking a single sip of one drink, he still wanted his reputation to remain intact.

He felt a tap on his shoulder, immediately Evan turned around, finding Tyler standing there with two cups of beer.

"Tyler! Thank god I found you! I thought I lost everyone." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, yet still smiling at his friend.

"Wow, Ev, you look stressed. Here." He handed Evan one of the cups of beer, which he took without a moment's hesitation. "So, I'm assuming you're having a bad night? Haven't even scored." Tyler jokes, smiling.

Evan, drinking half of the beer in one go, laughs. "How could you tell? Was the fact I'm standing here alone, not doing shit?" Slowly, Evan's head begins to hurt, but he ignores it since it's most likely the music.

Tyler, who was looking away, didn't notice that after Evan had finished his drink he began to look like he was in pain. "So-"

"Evan! You good, dude? What's wrong?" Craig came out of no where, putting a hand on Evan's back as he swayed where he stood. Craig turns to Tyler. "What happened?"

"I-I just gave him a drink, I don't know-" Tyler panicked.

"I don't feel g-good." Evan couldn't see straight, it wasn't a drunken feeling, he knew what that felt like, it was unfamiliar and scary.

"Tyler. Were you watching the drinks when you brought them over?" Craig was being serious, managing to catch Evan as he fell into him, going limp.

"I-I thought I was. Why? What do you think happened?"

"Someone must have put something in his drink. Look, you go get the guys, I'll take Ev to the car, okay?" Adjusting his grip on the boy, Craig begins to lead him outside.

They had taken Evan's mom's extra car, the one she used for personal things, meaning that she never used it at all since she was mostly out of town. But, she did tell Evan that he could use it as long as he didn't crash it or anything, so he did. Use it, not crash it.

Craig fished the keys from Evan's pocket as they reached the car, unlocking the door and helping the boy get inside. He closed the door and walked to the drivers side, getting in.

"C-Craig? That still you?" Evan's voice was quiet and sounded scared, not knowing what the hell was going on because of the drugs in his system.

Craig nodded. "Yeah, Ev, it's me. The guys are on their way, okay? We're gonna take you home." Craig explained, looking in the rearview mirror to see Evan adjusting himself to sit upright, struggling a bit before getting the hang of it.

"Y-you're really, really blurry-" Evan slumped over, alarming Craig slightly even though he knew that the drugs were meant to knock Evan out. Although, as Craig waited for his friends, he realized that it had been Evan's vulnerability that startled him, having been so used to a confident, always sure of himself Evan. Even when he was drunk he was sure of himself, yet the drugs in his system must've made the world around him so unfamiliar that he didn't even recognize his friend.

Needless to say, Craig never wanted to go to another party.