Chapter 34

For anybody wondering, my plan is to finish this book and then post book three to the Protection From Hell series :) Hopefully I can finish more books while I'm updating that and finishing up this one even :)

EDIT: I had to fix a couple of things in the first few paragraphs since this was prewritten and I didn't fix it before posting it originally

----------

It's crazy to think that your life can change from perfect and wonderful to falling apart and miserable in less than twenty four hours. You can go from happy to sad to happy then find yourself back at rock bottom. After a roller coaster like that, who wouldn't need a break from the world's turmoil and hardships?

Going off that logic, Evan convinced himself that he deserved a day off from school. After all, he had quite an eventful weekend, and no time for him to deal with everything that happened. He didn't want to miss school, he wanted to show everyone that he was fine, he would always be fine. But, something about today he just couldn't handle, he couldn't go and face his problems.

On Friday, he was happy. So, so happy. At the beginning of winter break, he had left school with an amazing, loyal boyfriend, a great group of friends, an incredibly supportive best friend, and a positive attitude. He was ready for a great winter break, he was having a great winter break. Friday has been fun.

Then it went downhill, really fast.

Saturday. Evan wakes up at noon to a text from Jon, wanting the boy to come over to where he was so they can hang out. Thinking nothing of it, Evan happily gets dressed, choosing to wear an outfit that his boyfriend had complimented him for wearing previously. Soon after, he left his house with a huge smile, excited to see his boyfriend.

He comes home an hour later, single, yet a winner. But he's too sad to enjoy his victory. He trudged up to his room, phone shut off since if it wasn't he probably would've smashed it into a million pieces just to get it to stop ringing.

Saturday night? Oh, Evan didn't even want to think about what happened on Saturday night, he couldn't put himself through that again, never again. He just couldn't.

Sunday, he's still miserable. His wounds still fresh, not even beginning to heal, he felt like getting hit by a bus would've hurt less.

Now, here he was, Monday morning, fully dressed and ready to walk out the door, when he just stops. He doesn't want to go, face the world that had been so cruel to him, he didn't want it.

So, he finds himself slinking away from the door, turning his back to it as he goes back up the stairs to his room.

What was the point anyway? He had only ever been up this early just so he could see Jonathan, who had hurt him, then spent the rest of his time with his friends, mostly Tyler, until class started.

In two days, two of the people he loved and trusted most had betrayed him, hurt him, practically ran him over with a bus, how could he have been so willing to see them again just a few minutes ago?

As the answer hits him, he is already at his laptop, ready to write it down.

------

AN OPEN LETTER TO LOVE:

Dear, Love,

You suck.

I hate you, I hate the lies you spread, I hate the truths you keep hidden. I hate your beautiful appearance, I hate your ugly inside. Bottom line, I hate every part of you.