Chapter 21

Zack's pov:

4 months later

"Hey Zack. Get up! My parents are coming home soon so you need to leave." the girl said.

I groaned and sat up.

Fuck. I did it again.

Ever since I left Alex, I've went back to my regular self.

I don't enjoy like I use to. I sometimes hate myself for it. I just feel dirty and repulsive.

Maybe I am.

The thing I hate most is that none of these girls can make me feel like he did. I never get hard without thinking about him. Sometimes, I even call Alex's name when I'm in bed with another girl.

I miss him.

I shouldn't.

He's a monster, freak, dog, or whatever you call him.

I'm normal. I'm human.

My friends have been ignoring me but I can't blame them.

I've been lashing out my anger, pain, and sorrow at them. I even made Chris cry multiple times. I'm such a douche.

Alex never did come back. Even Nate and Heather have left.

I long to see him but I don't need to. If I'm going to move on, I need to forget about him.

"But what if you can't. I may just be your conscious but I know you need him. You do too."

I might be going crazy. My conscious is right though.

I do need him but I don't want him.

"Are you sure about that?"

Alex's pov:

I groaned as I clutched my chest.

"Did he do it again?" asked Melissa.

I nodded causing her to growl and storm out of my room.

I can't move on. Especially when I can feel agony ever time he fuc...

Good God! I can't even fucking think about!

I'm a fucking alpha! I'm strong! I'm vicious! I'm powerful!

I shouldn't be crying here and pouting like a bitch!

"You're not all those things without our mate. It's fine to cry. It's fine to feel agony. We lost the one person who was suppose to be our forever. Now, we're probably going to get weaker and weaker until we die." my wolf said chucking darkly.

I sighed and nodded in agreement.

A normal werewolf has a good chance to survive rejection but alphas feel everything a thousand times more.

We feel more because our bond is the most important to the pack. Without a alpha and luna, the pack is nothing. I can't be strong for them. I can't protect them.

I walk downstairs to the living room. "Nate and Heather." I called softly.

They turned to look at me. I almost wanted to snap at them to turn around because I couldn't stand the look of pity in their face.

"Yes Alex?" Heather responded just as softly.

"Gather the pack up. I have something to tell them."

15 minutes later

"They're all gathered." Nate mumbled.

I smiled in thanks but it probably looked more like a grimace.

We walked in silence to the pack meeting house.

Everyone stopped talking when I walked in.

I walked up to the podium and cleared my throat.

"I know all of you are wondering why I called this meeting. I should have told you all this earlier but I found my mate."

Before I could continue, the pack jumped up and cheered. Many shouted out their congrats while others simply smiled and clapped.

I made a gesture with my hand to quiet them down.

"Unfortunately, my mate was human and could not accept me as I am. He rejected me."

They let out gasp and looked at me with pity and horror.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Over these last couple of months, I have failed my duty as your alpha. I can never fully recover as you all know so I am resigning my position as alpha of the pack."

"You can't do that! You're the best alpha this pack has ever had!" said a voice from behind me angrily.

I knew who it was.

It was Nate.

I turned to him and smiled sadly before turning back to the crowd.

All had pain etched on their face and some were crying.

A bond between pack and alpha is very strong. When the alpha dies or resigns, its like losing your anchor.

It's almost as painful as losing your mate.

But they can recover.

As long as another alpha fills his place, the pack will have their anchor once again.

"Don't be sad. Don't cry for me. I'll still be here just not as alpha. It's no longer Alpha Grey. Just call me Alex. Don't worry about the new alpha. Since Nate is my beta, he will take my place. He is very capable of the job and you'll all be proud of him. Heather is naturally moving up to beta and Nate will pick a new third in command. That is all."

The pack stayed in silence as I walked out the house.

"WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!" Nathan yelled angrily as I starting walking back to our house.

I stopped and turned to him.

"Yes Alpha Bush?" I asked calmly.

He glared and marched right up to my have face.

"Don't call me that. I'm not alpha. You are!" he growled.

I shook my head and smiled darkly.

"We both know what's going to happen to me. I'm dying. I already feel weaker and my wolf is pulling away. You're wolf makes half of you...half of your heart. Once it dies, you die. After all, no one call live with only half a heart."

Nate growled and pushed me up against a tree.

"You're not going to die. I won't let you." he growled.

"It's the way we alphas work. If your mate dies or rejects you, you die. It's a cruel fate but no one can stop it." I said trying to get Nate to understand.

"You need to become alpha. You have Chris. He will be this pack's luna. Luna Chris. Sounds nice doesn't it?"

Nate sighed and let me go.

"Luna Zack sounds better." he mumbled before walking away.

I bit back a whimper from hearing my mate's name.

"Why Zack? Why? Are we ugly Alex? Are we not good enough?" my wolf whimpered.

"I don't know buddy. I honestly don't know." I whispered out loud.

I KNOW THIS IS SUPER SHORT BUT I FELT BAD ABOUT NOT BEING ABOUT UPDATE FOR 2 MONTHS OR LONGER. I WROTE THIS TO SHOW YOU HOW ALEX AND ZACK ARE DOING WITHOUT EACH OTHER.

THIS IS SAD...I KNOW BUT THAT'S JUST HOW LIFE IS WHEN YOUR TRUE LOVE REJECTS YOU AND DOESN'T WANT YOU.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW ME!

BTW, IF I GET 12 COMMENTS FROM 12 DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND 25 VOTES, I'LL CHANGE UP THE POV!

IT'S GONNA TO BE A SECRET WHO POV I'M GOING TO WRITE NEXT CHAPTER. I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT THOUGH. IT'S GOING TO BE A WEREWOLF'S POV!

LOVE YA AND STAY FABULOUS!