My Lying Boy (Second book to Always Fighting)

"Tru Reddings to the stand." As I stood up, my grip on Logan's hand loosened as I had to walk away. I didn't look away from Logan's eyes; afraid of what's to come next. "Put up your right hand up." I did as the officer said. He held up the bible, "Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?'

"I do."

"You may take a seat." I did as. The plaintiff's lawyer stepped up to me and asked me with suspicious eyes,

"Ms. Reddings, What happened the night of the fourteenth?" I looked to Logan with scared eyes of what might come of his future. He gave me a reassuring smile, making me feel better. I trusted him...only him.

"Logan took me to a club."

"What happened after Logan left to get you a drink?"

"He came up to me and started to dance and touch me, then he started to kiss me. I tried to fight him off, but it didn't work," I pointed to the plaintiff.

"When did Mr. Mills come into the scene?" The lawyer asked. I looked at Logan, scared eyes. He held my gaze with trust.

"When he was kissing me," I answered truthfully.

"What did he do?" He questioned. Each question I answered, I stared into Logan's eyes. He wasn't worried, I was.

"He pulled the guy off of me and made sure I was okay, before turning to defend me." There were a crowd of 'awwes' I smiled.

"What did he do next?"

"Logan was shoved back by the guy so he punched him in the face. The guy fell to the ground, but then got back up and punched Logan back. Then they started to fight until the gaurds pulled them away from each other."

"So you are saying that Logan pulled the first move? Are you saying that Logan punched the plaintiff other than to defend your honor!?" I was becoming nervous, Logan's lawyer yelled,

"Objection!"

"That's enough!" The judge told the plaintiff's lawyer.

"I'm his girlfriend! Tell me that if your girlfriend or wife was being so much as touched by another guy, tell me you wouldn't do what Logan did!"

"You are saying that Logan is guilty!" He yelled in my face. The lawyer took a deep breath then backed off finally. He knew I was right.

~ </3 ~

I was called back to my seat so the judge could rule her judgment, "Logan Mills, by the evidence that the jury has been given...you are guilty." I yelled when the gavel went down,

"No!" Tears began to streak down my face as she continued,

"Officer, take him away. You will be locked in prison for the minimum of five years." Before the officer started to walk over to us, Logan grabbed me into a hug and whispered,

"Go with it."

"What?"

"Tru, trust me. Go with it." I nodded. As Logan was pulled away from me I collapsed to the floor, I watched as Logan was being pulled away further and further from me, but right as Logan disappeared through the door, he yelled, "she's pregnant!" I gave a surprised look at him. The judge looked at me then,

"Are you lying, Mr. Mills? Because if you are you will be locked up for much longer than you would be right now." he shook his head quickly,

"No. I'm not lying. She is having my child. She needs me, she doesn't have a job." The plaintiff stood up,

"That is bull! Judge take him away!"

"No one tells me what to do," she then continued, "Officer let him go. Logan I will be checking up on you two in two months, she better be pregnant." Logan ran to me and knelt by my side as he held me in his arms confirming to the judge that he heard and understood her words very clearly.

~ </3 ~

I sat on the couch, silence lingered the room between Logan and I, I leaned my head against his shoulder as he thought for what seemed like the longest time, he knew what he did, and he hadn't a clue as to how to resolve it. He stroked my arm gently as I whispered, "you lied."

"I know," he said. He looked down at me with wondering eyes.

"You'll go to jail for even longer now, we both know that I am not pregnant."

"I won't go to jail."

"How not? They are going to figure out that I don't have a baby in my stomach and you are going to get arrested, leaving me without defence."

"We'll just have to turn the lie into a truth." I looked up at him asking,

"Do you mean that you're going to get me pregna-" I stopped as he began to nod. I stood up slowly, "do I have a say in this?" He nodded. I shook my head, "then no, I am not going to get pregnant." He nodded,

"I will never force you into doing something that you don't want." I thought for a moment then. That would mean Logan goes to prison for a very long time. It's either Have Logan's child when we aren't even together, or see Logan go to jail. What do I do?