Epilogue 3

1 hour later ~ Jay's POV

I stared at the ceiling while tears slid down my cheeks. I don't know this woman but I feel so hurt. My chest aches and so does my head. The words she wrote resonates in my head and I wondered if it's stopping soon. We're strangers but after reading her letters to my father, I can't say that we are. I'm his child and she's his ... Past. We're both somewhat his but a possession he could never own.

I sat up and wiped the tears from my cheeks. I want to know more about her. I want to dive into the depths of her feelings. I want to understand what made the both of them be them. And I want this aching to ease and hopefully, scar.

4 days later

I tried to find what I can about Lilac Vin but there was limited information. I asked my grandparents what they remember about her but they don't remember her much, only that she was wasted by their son; I have yet to ask aunt and uncle, also, I don't think Lilac has any relatives. One glance at the letters and a sigh escaped my lips. I shouldn't be rushing but I'm getting impatient. A knock came from the door and I quickly hid the letters. "Who is it?"

"Dale."

I stop my actions then went to the door and opened the door. "Do you need anything?"

Uncle shrugs and said. "I don't but I think you need something from me."

I cock my head. "What?"

Uncle rolled his eyes and came inside my room. "Mom called, she mistook me for Dune and lectured me about Lil. I guess it was you. No one would've asked my parents about her."

I slowly nod. "I read them all and I got curious, I guess?"

"You guess?" uncle chuckles harshly "Come on, Jay. Man up."

I breathe in deeply then said. "I want to know Lilac better."

Uncle glanced at the letters and slowly nodded. "I'll give you a photo album. You keep it until Christmas two years later."

"What?!" 2 years...

Uncle Dale glared at me. "If you still want to know about her when you're 18. I'll tell you where she's buried."

I think; am I serious about her? Or just curious? Would I wait for her? Won't I give up? I'm not just curious, that's what I feel. I'm willing to wait without my will wavering. Uncle stands up. "Wait, I'll get the album."

He comes back after and hands it to me, I took it. "Jay, I don't need a verbal confirmation. What I want is you, in two years, to still have the desire to know. Got that?"

I nod. "Yes."

Uncle Dale grins and goes out of the room. "See you later."

He closes the door and I stared down at the album in my hands. I open to the first page and three babies were laying next to each other, crying. Above was three boxes, for each of the babies, with names. Dune. Lilac. Dale. Below was: Born on November 30, 1998. We hope they'll be together forever.

***

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)