(7 - 😀🎄)

At lunch, the phone rang. Mom was washing the dishes so I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hi, Lilac! This is Ellie. Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas, Auntie! Why'd you call?"

"I wanted to invite you to dinner. I also invited Tina for lunch but she said she'll be just home. So I hoped you'll come by even just for dinner."

I looked up at the ceiling. I don't think mom would mind, she'll be asleep by then. "Yeah, I'll go."

"That's great!"

I heard some laughter in the background and there was one unfamiliar laugh. "Seems jolly there."

"It is Christmas, dear." Auntie laughs. "But, yes, we have visitors. One is Mandy and the other is Georgia. I heard she and Dune are close friends."

Pang.

"I'm glad she's his friend."

Stop.

"Dune didn't talk about anything about a girl friend so I was kind of worried but he has you, Lilac."

No.

She laughs.

Pang.

"Oh, yeah. They are, I think. Well, um, I'll see you later auntie." I forced myself to say

"Hmm. Okay, dear. See you. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas."

I put down the phone and leaned on the wall but stood as mom appeared. "Was that Ellie, Lilac?"

"Yes, mom."

"Hm, she invited you to dinner?" I nod. "Have fun, 'kay?"

I smiled. "Ah-huh."

Mom laughs and pulled me to the living room to watch a movie.

--

I knocked on the door and got engulfed by Dale when the door opened. "Merry Christmas, Lil!"

I laughed. "Merry Christmas, Dale."

Someone pulled Dale back and said. "Hands off."

Dale pouted. "No fair!"

I laugh more as Dune let's go of him and pulled me inside, leaving Dale at the door. "Haha, Dale, bye-bye. Hahaha. Dune!"

We stop and he hugged me. My laughter ceased and I smile. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas. Look up."

I look up and saw a mistletoe, I laugh. "Wow."

Dune nods and captured my lips with his. I wrap my arms around his neck and kissed back. The taste of lemon is stronger than any in his mouth. I pulled back and laughed. He pecks my temple and asked. "Why are you laughing?"

"'Cause you're a bad kisser!" Dale said as he passed

Dune glared at him. "Don't have anything better to say?"

Dune then laughs and went to the living room. I haven't stopped laughing. Dune puts his hand on my chin and moved my head so that I was facing him. "Am I really that bad of a kisser?"

I pout and he gave me a kiss. I pulled back and rested my forehead on his. "You're not. It's just that, I really love your taste. It sounds weird, that's why I was laughing."

"You love my taste?"

We both laugh. "See? But I really love the taste of lemon."

"Ah." He pecks my cheek. "Really?"

"Yup."

He smiles. "Okay. Let's eat?"

"Sure."

--

He still didn't say they had visitors.

--

I snuggled more to Dune as he caressed my hair. "Dune. Can I say something?"

"'Course. Don't need to ask."

For a moment, I was distracted by the moon's light entering the room. Then, "I-I love you. I love you and I will love you until the end of time."

Dune didn't reply for a few minutes. I knew he was pondering so I waited. "Lilac. I'm not sure if these feelings are love but I promise. I promise that these feelings won't change until you die."

Pang.

Until I die?

Th-that's so soon.

I blink away the tears and let out a breathy laugh. His promise, I will treasure while I still can. I'm happy that he has feelings for me. I'm happy that I'm here, right now, wrapped in his arms. "Okay."

"Let's sleep."

I hummed and closed my eyes.

--

I woke up by the sound of a click. I saw auntie at the end of the bed, smiling. "Good morning, Lilac. Your mother is here to pick you up."

"Thank you, auntie."

"No worries, dear. Now, here. Take it."

I slowly stand up and got the picture from auntie. I smiled. I hug her then went with her downstairs. I got in the car and mom started driving. "Lilac?"

Tears stared dripping from my eyes. I just stared at the picture. Mom sighed then kissed my hair. My heart is broken but I feel like our relationship is more broken. This picture of Dune and I would be the last one.

***

(╯︵╰,)