6

"Mom, could you drop me off at Dale's?"

"Yes, I could but are you sure? We just got back from the hospital."

I forced a smile. "I'll be fine, ma."

Actually, I didn't know if I would be fine. But, the fact that Dale invited me to their house because Dune has to talk to me is already making my day a bit better.

I got out of the car and waited for mom to be out of sight before going to the front door. The door opened and Dale greeted me. "Hi, so, Dune's waiting in his room. Go there."

I went to Dune's room and knocked on his door. "Come in."

I did and saw him sitting on the bed. I closed the door behind me and stood in front of him. My heart's beating so fast I can't concentrate. "W-what did you want to t-talk about?"

Dune looked around his room. He's nervous. Why won't you look at me? I put a hand on his knee. "Is something wrong?"

He flinched and I immediately took my hand off but he pulled my hand back. My eyes widen as my back hit the bed's mattress. What is he doing? "What's wrong?" I asked

He closed his eyes and pursed his lips. I raise my hand but they were shaking, I retreated. I stare at Dune, observing him. He was obviously distressed. I want to ease him but what can I do? I squeeze his hand gently and hummed You are my sunshine, my only shine; you make me happy when the skies are gray.

Dune slowly opened his eyes and muttered. "I'm sorry."

What? He moves atop me. Why is h--. My eyes flutter as he kisses me. My heart beat slowed and I'm getting dizzy. Dune's kissing me. He pushed his tongue inside my mouth. I hummed, he tastes like lemons. I moved my arms and wrap them around him. He pushed his lips hard against mine. I'm being overcome by warmth and I do not want it to disappear. But, of course, I, we, needed oxygen.

I gasp as he pulled away and panted. Dune whispers in my ears. "I like you."

The warmth inside me spreaded to the outside. He pulls back and smiled at me. His smile that only shows the top of his teeth and yet shows a dimple on his right cheek. Tears well up in my eyes and I engulfed him, making him fall on top of me. "I-Dune, I. I lo-like you too."

He hugged me and rolled us so I was atop him. "I am so happy." he said

I rub my nose against his, "And so am I."

I pecked his mouth and grinned. "Lilac, would you be my girlfriend?"

I nod. "Of course."

He laughs at my response. "Then, would you go out with me today?"

I replied yes. He sat up and pulled me along with him. We wrap our arms around each other and stayed like that for a while. I was the one pulled away, asking "Where are we going?"

He shrugged. "Somewhere."

I laugh a bit and he kisses my cheek. He holds my hand and we went out of his room. We pass the living room, where Dale was, and he clapped. He had a grin which said: Finally, congrats. I smile at him and followed Dune to the door. He put his shoes on and we went outside.

We didn't talk. Yes, our feelings are clear but our thoughts aren't. I didn't dare speak, though. I wasn't scared of what was on your mind but I felt your anxiety. Rather, I slinged our hands between us and you smiled. We stopped at an ice cream parlor then went to a park. We sat on a bench. There was a distance between us but our hands are linked and filled the space. We eat our ice creams quietly until you said. "I have no excuse why I haven't been talking to you. I might be sounding harsh right now but it's the truth. I wa-am a coward."

I turned to him. "Honestly, I was hurt. But, today, you told me your feelings. It brightened up my day, really. I'm so happy that I just feel so warm inside, even right now when we're eating ice cream." he laughed. "I like you so much." No, I love you.

"I" he moved a bit closer. "like" closer "you" our legs were touching now "too." he kissed me

He pulled back and smiled. "Let's go to the swings."

I smiled back. "Let's."

--

Dune opens the car door for me and offered a hand. I smiled wider and took his hand then got out, he closes the door. I invited him inside. "No need."

"Then you'll wait outside while I get your gift?"

"Yeah."

I nod and unlocked the front door. I ran to my room and got my present for him, I already gave Dale his, then ran to the door. Dune flicked my forehead. "You shouldn't be running you know."

I pout at him and shove his gift at him. "I know. I'll be celebrating Christmas here, so I might not get to see you tomorrow."

He hugged me. "I'll miss you."

I hugged him back. "I will too."

He pulled away and kisses me. "See you."

I nod and watched him leave. I locked the door and walked to my room. I sat on my chair and got the pen and paper. I have so many thoughts in my head. Mostly things that I think In shouldn't be thinking.

I'm glad Dune doesn't seem to mind that I love him, I'm sure my feelings are obvious, or at least it seems to be. I'm scared I'll move too fast since I already love him. I might push him and I don't want that.

***

(。'▽'。)♡