(2 - ⚽ )

"Mom, it's fine if I stay alone in the house. It's just for two days."

"Shush, Lilac. I feel more relief if you're with the Popei's. Now, go to your room and pack while I call Ellie."

I puff then nod and went to the stairs but lingered to eavesdrop on mom. "Hello, Ellie? How are you?

"Oh, I'm fine. Is it alright for Lilac to stay there for two days? I'm off to a business trip and I can't leave her alone. She can survive a day alone but more than one? Absolutely not!"

I sigh again and went to my room. I close my door and started to pack. My mind wander to how I'm going to ignore Dune ignoring me. I laughed at myself. "Why am I thinking how to ignore someone?"

I shake my head and closed the backpack.

--

"Hey, Lil, you going to the game tonight?"

"You know I'm not interested in soccer, Dale." I say as I put my books in my locker and getting out my bag

"Yeah but Dune is playing? Isn't that enough?"

I glare at him a little and he chuckles. "No, it is not."

"Then, if you go, I'll buy the skate deck you show me yesterday."

"Really?"

I looked at him dead in the eye. I wanted that skate deck but I didn't have any money at the moment and I'm pretty much sure Dale doesn't either. "I promise but you'll get it on your birthday."

I grin. "Deal."

"Now, come on."

He closed my locker and pulled me to the field. "The game doesn't start in two hours Dale!"

"I know."

I rolled my eyes as he kept pulling me.

--

Dune kicked the ball and made a goal. Dale yelled, with everyone else cheering for our school, 'We won!' I just smile and got up. The guys beside us conversed; I think they're alumni. "There's definitely going to be a party tonight."

"Whose house you reckon?"

"Of course, the ace, Dune Popei."

I poked Dale. "Is Dune really going to throw a party?"

Dale sheepishly smiled. "Yeah."

I squinted my eyes at him. "Are your parents okay with that?"

"They are as long they don't know."

I raised an eyebrow and he laughs. They're really carefree, aren't they? Oh, well. What their parents don't know won't kill them. "It's fine, Lil. Besides, you'll be using my room, the farthest one from the stairs. Just make sure to lock up, 'cause I might go there with Mandy."

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks, by the way."

He put his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry about it. What about you join the party?"

"I'm going to punch you."

He just stuck his tongue out and cheered again.

--

I put my bag down and locked the door. I was glad that Dale has his own bathroom, I didn't have to go out or downstairs. I got my clothes and went inside the bathroom.

As I dried my hair, I hear something break downstairs. I put my hair up in a bun then went outside of the room and stopped at the middle of the stairs as I saw Dale passing in the hallway. "Dale, what was that?"

He looked up. "Just a bottle of beer."

I nod. "Be careful."

He nods and went to the living room. I was about to turn around when Dune came to the hallway and looked at me. "Would you mind helping us?"

"With?"

"Preparation for the party. Dale and Mandy are the only ones setting up since I have to go out for the celebration with the team."

"Uh, sure. Congratulations, by the way."

He nods and looks away. "Thanks."

He walked to the door as I to the kitchen. I walked in to Mandy and Dale making out. "Stop for a moment and tell me what to do." I said

Dale pulled back as Mandy hid her face in Dale's neck. "Assort the alcohol in the kitchen then just clean, we'll do the living room."

"Okay."

"Can't turn down a favor from my brother?"

I glared at the teasing boy and ignored him. He chuckled as I turned around to go to the kitchen.

Half an hour later, I finished fixing up the kitchen so I went again into the living to tell the two. "I'm finished so I'll be going upstairs."

The two nodded so I ran back upstairs and inside Dale's room. I locked the door and sighed. This is going to be a long night.

--

I fist my hands as I stopped writing, the loud music is starting to irritate me but it's not like I could do anything about it, I'm just a freeloader. I calmed myself down and continued to write a letter to the host of the party.

***

( ̄へ ̄)