(1 - ☀)

"Lilac, are you finish?"

"Yes, ma! I'll be down in a few."

"Better hurry or Dale will leave you!"

My eyes widened and I stopped brushing my hair. "What?" I said to my reflection

I didn't know he was going to pick me up today. Usually, we talk beforehand. If Dale's picking me up. Mandy is there and so is... Dune. I sigh and finished brushing. 'No need to overthink,' I say to myself. I calmed myself down and hurried downstairs. I kissed my mom's cheek and went out of the house. I hear her say. "Goodluck on your tests later!"

I waved my hand and opened the door to Dale's car. Dune was in the passenger seat, I sat beside Mandy. I greet them and they greet back except for Dune. Dale started driving. I try not to get too affected, him ignoring me is going on for so long that I shouldn't be hopeful. I strike a conversation with Mandy and that filled the silence that was present, ever so slightly, a moment ago.

--

"How are you holding up?" I asked Dale

He looked at me exasperated. "Lil, even smart people get tired. A month of school work is gonna drain anyone."

I rolled my eyes. "I know that, sue me for being worried."

He pushed me slightly. "Shut up."

I gave him a grin and he just laughs. He focused his attention to Mandy as she put down her tray and sat beside him. I sigh as I realized, yet again, Lilac Vin is a third wheel.

--

"Vin!"

I got my test paper and went back to my seat. I slowly opened the folded paper. I grin as I see 100 then sighed. I perfected all of my tests today, that's good. As the teacher finishes giving all of the papers, the bell rang. "Before you go, don't forget to pass your essays by tomorrow."

Some groaned but I, again, sighed. I already finished mine and passed it. This week has been so hectic I didn't even sleep for more than 3 hours! That's my fault, anyways; cramming a month's load of work into a week. I got my things and went out; that was the last class of the day. I rush to my locker and opened it. "Hey, Lilac."

I look to my side. "Hey. Why do you look grumpy?"

Dale leaned on the lockers. "Many reasons, Lilac. First, I only passed half of my tests while my brother, Dune, aced it all. Second, yesterday Cedric tried to beat up Dune, again. Of course, I had to stop the two then still got scolded. Third, people again said that Dune was Mandy's boyfriend. Need to know more?"

I closed my locker. "No." I put my hand on his shoulder "I pity you. Good luck."

He rolled his eyes. "Well, excuse me Miss Sympathetic, you still gonna go to my house today?"

"Of course."

He grinned and pulled me outside.

--

We arrive at Dale's house. I went straight to his room while Dale got snacks. I set up the game equipment and sat on the floor. Dale went in and passed me a bowl of chips and a drink. "How was your test results, Lil?"

"Perfect."

"Tsk. Whatever."

I laughed at him and we started to play the game. After a while of playing games, the topic of Mandy and Dune came up. "It's just so annoying, Lilac. We're twins but we dress differently! How can they mix me up with him!? Mandy is mine, not Dune's."

The door opened and I turned around to see Dune. "Shut up, Dale. I know that."

"You shut up!"

Dune rolled his eyes. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Just order takeout. You choose."

Dune nods and closed the door. I pursed my lips and silently laughed.
It was hilarious especially when Dune walked in. Dale looks down. "Sorry, Lilac. Dune's a douche, again."

I shook my head. "It's fine."

It was, for now. "Tsk. No way. Its at times like this I dislike him."

"Don't say that, Dale. Besides, it's nothing new."

"Whatever."

--

I closed the door to my room and sat on a chair. I picked up a photo on the floor.

Pang

The 10 year old Dune looked so happy with the 10 year old me. I put the photo on the desk then ruffled my hair. I don't get it, we haven't been talking since 7th grade and I don't think anything major happened. Yeah, there's the occasional conversation but even that was forced. I feel uneasy and I don't know what the heck is up! It's so frustrating!

I put aside the album I just bought and got out Troye's. I plug in the earphones and got a paper and pen.

Time to write a letter, yet again.

***

‘︿’

Chapters will be at least 500 words.