(5 - ❄)

I opened the door and Dale said. "Be my date."

I raised an eyebrow. "And Mandy?"

"She's sick. So I had to ask you. Besides, you don't have a date. Dune has Georgia."

I clenched my jaw. "Fine. Pick me up at 6."

He hugged me. "Thank you very much. Love you."

"Love you too."

He ran back to his car and drove away. That was fast. I closed the door and went back to the living room and got my phone. I called Mandy. "Hi, Mandy. I heard you were sick, is it serious?"

She laughed but coughed. "Not so much. Why'd you call?"

"Is it alright if I take Dale as my date?"

"It is but what about Dune?"

I sigh. "He's taking Georgia."

"No way."

"Yes, he is. Anyways, rest and take care."

"I will, bye."

She hang up and I lean back the couch. Dune's taking Georgia, should've expected that. I ruffled my hair and turned off the television. I should start preparing. I stop at the bottom of the staircase, staring at the picture frame. It was when we attended our first party, me with the twins. I shook my head again. "Today's the winter ball, I should enjoy myself."

I sigh and ran to my room.

--

I should enjoy myself, I repeated as Georgia and Dune kept kissing. They were at the picture stand and Dale and I was next in line. They got scolded by the photographer and we were called. Dale put his arm around me I leaned on him and we posed. We got two printed ones and went back to our table. I sipped on the punch, hmm, cherries. "Lil, look. Here's the picture mom took of us before we left the house."

I looked at the picture he was holding of him and Dune then laughed. "You look... Angry."

"Huh? What? No, we don't."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

Crunch.

I felt my stomach twist and I said. "I don't feel so good, Dale."

He immediately stands up. "Wanna ditch?"

Might as well. "Please."

Dale helped me to his car and he drove me home. "Thank you, Dale."

"Rest for the night, I'll be heading to Mandy's house."

"Safe trip."

Mom was already asleep when I arrived. I closed my bedroom door and changed. I bend over, my stomach hurts so much. I went to the bathroom and got a medicine from the cabinet. I put it in my mouth and tried to swallow. My throat contracts and I puked. My eyes widened and started to tear as I saw blood. Why am I puking blood?

I lay on my bathroom floor after I washed my mouth. I feel so weak. I crawled to my desk and climbed on the chair. I need to write a letter, I want to write. My hands need to move, my heart needs to beat, my mind needs to think optimistically, and my feelings need to get out. I'll just tell mom tomorrow that I vomited.

--

I dropped the pen and jumped on my bed. I closed my eyes and rolled around the bed. The pressure on my stomach eased a bit but my heart still aches as I remember my love from earlier. I sigh and stared at the ceiling. I should sleep.

I didn't get to sleep until 2 AM.

***

(。ì _ í。)