Chapter 30

Becca, Tyler and I wait outside for the police to show up and arrest phyco mother of the year. The sun is disturbed by a few clouds, making the temperature perfect. Tyler is still visibly shaken, as he stays very quite. Becca seems fine, she is bursting with happiness now that her brother is by her side once again.

We hear the sirens first, before the police car pulls into the driveway. Two men walk up to us, asking where Ms. Stanley was. Before I could repsond, Becca pipes in, "She is upstairs in my woom! Careful though she is very very angry."

"Up the stiars, first door on the right." I tell the officers, before they run into the house.

"What now?" Tyler asks digging a hole in the planter box.

"Claire!" Becca suddeny shrieks before sprinting through the grass.

I see Tom walking towards us with little Claire as his side. His deep green eyes are full of happiness, his lips curl up in a smile as Becca gives Claire a big hug.

"Hey, I just listended to your message," Tom says his deep voice making my heart flutter, "I'm so glad everything is okay now."

"Yeah, me too." I respond thinking of nothing better to say.

Becca and Claire walk up to us as Becca finishes her story with, "and then we captured my phyco mom!"

"So dude, I heard you saved your little sis?" Tom asks Tyler.

"Uh yeah, I guess I did!" Tyler responds bursting with pride.

"Your a hero." I tell Tyler surpressing the urge to ruffle his hair.

Suddenly, the officers walk out of the front door. Ms. Stanley is handcuffed behind her back before the officers duck her head and push her into the police car. Her eyes glare at me through the window, crazed anger clouds her once kind eyes.

So much has changed since I first met the Stanley family.

"Hey Mawy?" Becca asks sweetly from my side, "Will you be like our mommy now?"

"She already is" Tyler states like it was already a known fact.

"Okay good!" Becca responds, "Can we go to the beach?" she asks randomly.

"Yeah, can we?" Claire asks looking up at Tom.

Tom and I glance at each other, both knowing we cant say no.

The beach at sunset is pure beauty.

Tom and I sit on a blanket in the sand watching the kids chase each other around. The breeze is cool, and the sand is warm. The smell of ocean air makes me feel alive. The sky is splashed with deep oranges and vibrant reds as the sunset steals the last bit of light.

The girls squeal as Tyler chases them.

I feel Tom's hand move off the blanket before he gently holds my hand. My heart flutters. Control yourself, Mary! I mentally scream to myself. I can't keep from grinning stupidly before I turn to Tom.

His green eyes gaze into mine.

I try to look away, but it's impossible.

Tom leans in towards me, I can feel is breath on my lips.

Whoa, I think to myself before Tom closes the distance between us.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEXT DAY: DATE NIGHT

"Guys, downstairs!" I yell to Becca, Tyler and Claire from in the kitchen. "Your babysitter will be here soon!" I pause, before turning to Tom, "It's weird. The babysitter needs a babysitter."

Tom replies, "Your not the babysitter anymore", before taking the kids' pizza out of the oven.

Tyler runs into the kitchen, with Becca and Claire in tow.

"Hey, so before the sitter gets here we need to go over some rules." Tom says to the kids.

"No biting," Claire adds, "and no licking!"

Everyone laughs before Tyler pipes in, "and always listen to her cuz she is in charge!"

"Sounds good." I respond before slicing the pizza up.

Ding dong the doorbell echoes. Tom walks out of the kitchen and I hear him open the door and introduce himself.

A young girl walks into the kitchen. She is tall with dark red hair, and I can tell she is nervous, "Hi, I'm Laura."

"hi Laura, my name is Mary." I respond lifting Becca to my hip.

"I'm Rebecca, but call me Becca!" Becca says sweetly.

"I'm Tyler, and this is Claire." Tyler adds motioning to Claire who is shy with strangers.

"Nice to meet you." she responds kindly.

"okay wellthe kids can give you a tour of the house. Their bedtime should be around 8:30, and well just hang with them. They love to play games and draw, so feel free to do that." I explain to Laura as I set the kids pizza on the table.

"sounds good" she responds, before Becca runs up to her.

"I can draw weally good ya know." she tells Laura.

"really? You will have to show me!" she responds before Becca joins the Claire and Tyler at the dinner table.

"Bye guys!" I yell down the hall, "Be good!"

"have a good date!" Tyler yells back before I close the door.

Tom starts the car and we drive onto the highway. "Where are we going?" I ask gazing out the window.

"I though we could have a picnic on the beach." Tom responds turning off the highway and parking in a beach parking lot.

"Perfect." I respond truthfully. I guess everything turned out to be just that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! This is not my last chapter, but I would love any ideas or comments!

-Ally