Chapter 20

I wake up to rays of sunlight streaming through my window. I roll over as Becca walks into my room, her blonde hair sticking up in nearly all directions as she carrys her favorite story book. She crawls up into my bed and lays next to me. 

"Can we read Kittens and their mittens?" she asks as she crawls under the duvet.

"OOO my favorite," I respond opening the book.  "This is kitten" I start reading, "and this is her mitten".

Tyler runs into my room and jumps on the bed, chanting "Park Park Park!" Becca giggles and joins in.

I jump up on my bed and jump around with Tyler before saying, "lets go!" 

Becca runs downstairs wearing a pink sundress and I help her strap on her favorite sandals. Tyler ties his sneakers and we head out the door munching on our breakfeast bars. 

The early morning sun shines through the thin clouds as we walk along the sidewalk. Tyler refuses to step on the cracks and hops around like a rabbit. Becca picks up every other fallen leaf, making sure to show me each one. 

The park comes into view and Tyler takes off, jumping on the nearest swing. Becca grabs my hand and leads me onto the play structure. I slide down the tiny slide and watch Becca slide down behind me before she runs back up the steps. 

I turn around to see Tyler who swings happily on the swing. I jog over to him and push him higher, "I'm superman!" he screams.

Suddenly I hear a small squeal and glance over to see Becca on her hands and knees crying, I run over to her. 

"Mawy I twipped" she whimpers as I pull her into my arms. A small scatch covers her left knee, but its not bleeding. A little girl runs past us, and Becca stands up. 

"I'm okay!" she says before jioning the girl on the monkey bars. 

I turn just in time to see Tyler let out a scream as he sails out of the swing.

He lands roughly on the ground

His left arm stuck under him...

     **************************************************************************************************************

"You're lucky it's not broken, but it is dislocated." says the overweight doctor standing to the left of Tyler's examination table.

Tyler walks over and sits on my lap  whispering feafully " Do you think he eats his patients?"

I playfully ruffle his hair, before turning back towards the doctor. "How long will he have to wear the sling?"

"He will have to keep the sling on for about one to two weeks. He has to wear it all day, but can take it off only at night." The man responds securing Tyler's sling

Tylers grumbles something under his breath before the Doctor starts to talk again.

"He will have to take two of the pills morning and night that will help him with the mild pain.I will send a nurse in to give you the pills, you will also have to sign a few sheets.'

He walks out of the room and only then do I notice, that Becca is nowhere in sight.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading! My sister, ewaldron30, helped me write this chapter. I love recieving comments and would love any ideas for the story!

~AE_Waldron