Chapter Ten- Moving On

I wake up around 7:30 to  playful screaming coming from downstairs. I sleepily get out of my warm bed and make my way downstairs. 

All four kids are standing on the couches jumping up and down while the boys throw pillows at the girls like a dodgeball game. I run the rest of the way down the stairs just as a pillow hits Becca right in the face. Instead of crying, she picks up the pillow and tosses it back at Tyler. 

I stop in the middle of the two "sides" and put my hands on my hips. The boys hold their pillows, and they all hop off the couches looking at their feet. 

"Sorry Mary-" Tyler starts to say before I grab the pillows from his arms and smack him with it. 

Tyler starts laughing before tackling me to the couch. The girls and Ben join in happily with their pillows. I tickle anyone I can reach as the kids pile on top of me. 

"Okay, Okay," I say, "Time for Breakfeast!" 

The kids roll off of me and run into the kitchen. I make pancakes with strawberries for them. I cut Emma's and Becca's pancakes into bite size peices before cleaning up the kitchen. 

I put the rest of the plates in the box labeled "plates" and pack up the silerware. Since we are leaving today, I knew we wouldnt need any of them. I walk into the living room with another box and pack away picture frames and candles. We are leaving the couches and the TV, as they are to big for us to pack. 

The living room is bare, no evidence of anyone living here. I pack the kids favorite DVD's into the laptop case for the plane ride, before returning to the kitchen. 

I do the kids dishes before they run upstairs to play. 

A couple of minutes later I head upstairs to get the kids ready for when their parents arrive to pick them up. I walk into Becca's room to find the girls playing with Becca's stuffed animals. 

"Look Mary we have a pet store" Emma says hugging a stuffed kitty.

"Wow, this is the best pet store ive ever seen!" I exclaim, "but its time to get dressed." 

"Mkay" Becca says. 

I grab Emma's overnight bag and pull out a little sundress. I hand her the dress and she changes into it, before handing me her warm pj's. 

"Good Job Emma" I say. 

I tell Becca, "We had to put most of your clothes in boxes and suitcaes for the trip, so I left you this to wear today." I hand her a little green printed dress, and help her put it on.

I tell the boys to get dressed and ready before brushing the girls' teeth. Emma brushes her hair and I braid Becca's. 

Everyone is ready but me! I run to my bathroom and quickly get ready. I slip my shirt over my head just as the doorbell rings. 

I open the door and Mrs. Waden stands in the doorway. 

"Good morning." I say

"Morning Mary. How'd it go?" She asks

"They had lots of fun" I say as Emma runs toward her mom. 

"Good bye Mary" she says

"Bye Becca!" Emma yells as I close the door. 

Ben's mom comes and picks him up a couple of minutes later. 

I walk into the livingroom and sit on the couch next to the kids.