The Red Snow

I gripped Kaylin's fingers that had found themselves intertwined with mine. I was holding hands with the person I was cloned after. I knew it was wrong. She was a murderer. It was terrifyingly wrong.

But it just felt right.

"When will you show me?" Kaylin slurred in my ear. When I looked at her confused, I felt her fingers let go of my hand, then go around my waist in a hug. I felt her breast pressed into mine as she embraced me. "When will you show everyone here your true form?"

I smiled finally understanding what she had said. I had yet to fully give myself into the darkness. I hadn't fully stripped myself naked of my purity, and now, it was time.

I felt the thick substance in my veins that was darkness tingle with anticipation. I closed my eyes and prepared to release myself when I heard a voice.

It was Astrid's.

"Snow, please! Stop! Don't do this!"

Kaylin buried my head in her shoulder, denying me the ability to look back at her. She hugged me, as if she was defending me.

"Don't listen to her," she murmured. "She's jealous of your power. She wants to steal it from you, for herself."

"She... She wants... to steal?"

Kaylin looked at me, a fiendish smile dancing on her lips when she saw she had almost finished convincing me.

"Don't do this Snow!" Blake cried. "You're better than this! I don't care if you're not human! You are you! And the you I know would never want this!" I snapped my head back, away from Kaylin, and saw a bloodied Apocalypse digging his boot into Blake's handsome face.

Blake... Oh Blake...

Touched by their defiance, I looked back into Kaylin's eyes and was surprised to see her callous expression. She pushed me away from her and I fell back against the floor. Standing up above me, she snapped at Apocalypse, who then left in the direction from which I came.

"It seems as if your allies still have a strong influence over you. No matter."

Apocalypse returned, and I made a small cry when I saw Nina. This time, she had a head wound, and the blood wouldn't stop from spreading all over her face.

Nina!

"What did you do to her?" I angrily asked Apocalypse. He ignored me, and carried the half unconscious woman in rags over to Kaylin. "Wait... what are you-"

"I see the evil in your veins alone isn't enough to make you turn." Kaylin slurred, walking past Nina, her fingers brushing past her shoulders. "Ah, don't worry, I understand. It's not your fault. You've been pure for so long after all... a transition must be extremely hard for you." She chuckled. " Hopefully, this will do the trick."

Apocalypse forced Nina on her knees, and I looked at them in horror.

They wouldn't...

Kaylin stood behind Nina, and placed both of her hands on each side of Nina's tired head.

"Stop..." I said, my voice suddenly hoarse.

"And with this..." She ignored as she projected her voice for all to hear. I got up and took slow uncoordinated steps towards them, my thoughts still muddled with the influence of the black orb and the substance it secreted into me.

No... stop...

Kaylin looked at me like the sadist she was, and smiled at me when she did it.

Nina had mouthed the words 'It's okay' towards me, tears streaking down her face as she forced a smile before Kaylin snapped her neck.

Before Kaylin killed her.