Nina's Revelation

Nina was telling the truth when she said she'd help me escape. However, I desired to kill the clones to save them from a life of pain. From a life of imprisonment. From a life as freaks.

Nina would have none of it though, and forced me to leave with one of my companions.

But whether I was to survive was a different story. In the days that followed outside of the lab, Hailey and me were constantly trying to avoid detection from hired thugs from the lab, and the public police. The coughing of blood had lessened though. So I guess Nina was right about willpower.

But one day, it all changed. The day that those vile humans shot me while I was mourning Hailey's death, they cracked my white orb. With my innocence and purity gone, I became bent on the destruction of humans... no, of all mankind.

I began by enslaving those at the research unit. I starved them and made them work for me, after I had killed Carla of course.

This person became a murderer? Does that mean that she finally went insane?

But the clones were gone. I had been apart from the lab for almost twenty years. Could it be that I was too late?

Wait... Twenty years!? That could be a coincidence... right?

Right?

"Apocalypse," I called one day. My faithful servant came to me and took a knee.

"Mistress?"

"You are my only loyal companion. No matter what I wish for, you obtain it for me.

" But remind me, for the sharpness of my mind has grown dull. Why do you serve me?"

Apocalypse looked at me with a blank stare when he responded in all earnestness. "Forgive me, my mistriss. I shall take any punishment that you wish to inflict on me, because it seems that I also cannot recall the reason for which I serve. I cannot remember. All I can know is that I must serve and protect you until my dying breath. And that is what I intend to do."

I looked at him and smiled, pleased with his incomplete answer. I got down on my knees and kissed the man on the lips. Surprise flickered in his dead eyes, and I smiled amused.

"This world is cruel. This world is strange. We do not belong here, but we shall carve our names in history, for all to remember. So that one day, our history becomes legend. The legend, on how we killed all of mankind."

"Whatever you wish for, my master. By the forgotten names of the dead, I shall grant it."

Apocalypse, you poor man... why do you so blindly follow one that is already lost?

~ :D ~ :) ~ :| ~ :( ~ :| ~ :) ~ :D ~

Astrid and everyone tightly gripped the fur of the Chimera as it ran to catch up with Dominic, who was seen flying over our heads towards the research unit facility.

"It's funny," Fyde laughed as he clung onto fur for his dear life. "A couple days ago, we were trying to kill this thin- Ow! What the hell Luger!?" The reptilian had smack the dog upside down with his tail. Snickering, he turned his attention elsewhere, and the chimera stopped upon the arrival of the metal gates. Gates, that casted a shadow on all of them and beyond.