Belleza - Chapter Nine

Joshua lifted his head when he heard the front door open, confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get my job back." Nani shrugged, folding her arms over her chest.

He laughed with a mouthful of pizza. "You're fuckin dumb, funny as hell too." She pursed her lips, and his laughing came to halt, raising his eyebrows as he reached for the Dr. pepper on the coffee table in front of him. "Oh, you were serious?" He took a sip, "you expect me to just hand you your job back after you walked out on me?"

"I didn't walk out." She shook her head, "I took a small break for personal reasons, we're allowed to do that."

He scoffed, "a break? You been gone a whole damn three months." She nodded, apologizing quietly. "Nah, nah, nah." He chuckled deeply, taking to his feet. "You left me when I needed you most, family doesn't do that to family. Go home Leilani, or where ever the hell you're staying. Get out of my house."

She shifted on her feet, "if you let me come back I'll do personal appointments."

Joshua's lips parted as he shook his head softly. "What? I can't let you do that."

"It's not your choice. It's either here safely, or in the streets. I'm desperate primo, Oscar left me and I need money."

He sighed, swallowing as he nodded. "Okay, fine. I'll let you know as soon as got somebody on the wait list."

Nani nodded, wrapping her arms around him. "Thank you, I promise you this is important, Josh."

"I believe you. You're a lot of things but a liar isn't one of them." He grabbed her hands, "just be safe, okay?" She nodded yet again, taking a step backward to the door as he simpered softly at her, "I love you primita."

"Me too." She blew him a kiss, opening the front door, "cuidate."

The last thing she heard was "igualmente." Before she shut the door, her smile disappearing. It really came to prostitution. It was sad that's what she had to do to survive.

"Thought you were staying with Martinez." Nani looked up, her heart dropping when she saw the familiar red car and the familiar driver leaning against it. "Josh didn't tell me you'd be here. Otherwise I wouldn't have came."

She watched him pull the cigarette from his lips, dropping it to the floor to step on it. "What are you doing here, Oscar?"

He reached in his pocket, pulling a small zip-lock bag out and flashing at her. "Joshua texted me that he needed this. Guess he was just trying to get us–"

"He didn't know I was going to be here." She walked down the pathway, opening the gate. "Don't flatter yourself, ni el mismo Diablo nos quiere ver juntos."

As she tried to walk pass him he reached, gripping her arm. "What are you doing here Nani?"

"I got my job back." She pulled her arm away forcefully. "I have important shit to do so if you could-"

He smirked, pulling her close enough to feel her breath on his lips, "why you wanna work there so bad?"

She gulped, glancing down at his lips. She thought about how he leaned on his car to kiss her goodbye when they were still together, the position he was in made his lips and neck so easy to access. "It's not like I have a choice."

He chuckled and her arms filled with goosebumps as he licked is enviable lips. "I got you out of that club and the first thing you did was run right back."

Nani ignored his delicious looking lips, raising her eyebrows with a mock-full scoff. "You took me out to leave me. Fuck was I supposed to do?"

He began to laugh, his eyes glancing down at her lips as well. "You broke up with me though."

She sighed, taking a step back. "So why can't we just leave it like that?"

"I'm not saying we shouldn't." He shrugged, kissing his teeth at the space she put between them. "Why'd you move so far back?"

"Fuck it." She thought, she hadn't had dick since before they broke up and what's better than toxic-ex dick? Nothing. She smirked softly, tilting her head to the side. "Cause I wouldn't have been able to contain myself."

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow, biting his bottom. "Ain't nobody telling you to contain yourself mama." He snaked an arm around her waist, "come here." He pulled her close, licking his lips a last time, his tongue running over her pair as well. They stayed a centimeter apart and he spoke. "Besame." His lips brushed over hers ever-so-slightly as he muttered the word.

"You do it." Her voice came out in a hushed tone, her eyes filling with utter lust.

He tested her, leaning back a bit. "You think I won't?"

"I don't care." Nani shook her head, leaning forward to press her lips to his, their eyes shutting in unison as they embraced each other further. His hands squeezed her butt, causing her to gasp so his tongue could fill her mouth.

"Okay guys, I gave y'all like twenty minutes to get it out of your system, but you spent like nineteen minutes teasing each other. Let's wrap it up. I need my weed."

They parted and Oscar reached in his pocket, tossing him the pack. "Not sure if you want to yell that so loud, homie." He chuckled, "on the house, let's go home baby girl."