Chapter Ten

»Harry's POV«

My sobs along with my shaky breaths fill the room. Before anyone can comfort me, I stand up, and walk into the very tiny bathroom. It's cramped in here, there's small sink on the wall with an automatic soap dispenser. A toilet is next to it, with a bright red cord. Pull for emergency help. I feel as if maybe–just maybe-if I pull on that red braided cord, someone will come and rescue me. Someone would take me away from here, to somewhere peaceful. I think of a movie I watched with Lindy. "Dear God, please make me a bird. So I can fly far, far far away from here." repeats over and over in my head. I try to push aside those thoughts, and I get down on my knees. I bow my head, close my eyes, and get lost in temporary darkness.

My hands move to my cross necklace, and I gently hold it. "Dear Heavenly Lord, please, please, save Lindy." I whisper. I feel so small. I feel like I'm cornered, and I can't escape. "Lord, I need you. Lindy needs you. She's a fighter, and I know that you know that. Please help her. Don't take her yet, Lord. I love you Lord, and I trust you. Amen." I draw an imaginary cross over my heart, and kiss my necklace. My eyes open, and my jeans have dark spots where my tears fell. I wiped away my tears and get up. I don't want to go back in that room. I don't want to see Lindy laying on the hospital bed, in a coma. I have to, though. I have to stay with her. If I left her, I wouldn't be acting like the best friend I should be.

Sighing, I re-enter the main hospital room. Niall is gone. I sit, by Lindy, and grab her hand gently. "Where did Niall go?" I ask the lads. "He went outside to get some fresh air." Zayn answers, and it seems like there's more to it, but he won't tell. "Outside? But, it's raining." I state, and thunder rolls outside; filling the air with it's presence. "Yeah. Maybe he's shocked, or he had too much to drink...again." Louis adds the last part. Nodding, I decide to go talk to him. "Where are you going?" Zayn asks. Without turning to him, I say, "To talk to Niall." and leave the room.

As I walk down the hall, I watch my feet; trying to match my pace to my heartbeat. "Harry." a voice calls from behind me. It is neither harsh, nor gentle. When I turn, I see Zayn running towards me. His face has very little expression, from what I can see. As he nears, I see he has a look of worry on his face. At least, I think it's worry. "What do you need?" I ask when he stops in front of me. "I need to talk to you...it's about Niall." he says, and I arch my eyebrow. "What about him?" "I don't think it's a good idea to talk to him," he hesitates, "I don't think it's a good idea to talk to him just yet." he says in a rushed breath. "And why is that?" I say. Why shouldn't I talk to Niall? I have a feeling that Zayn isn't telling me something.

"Just...You shouldn't." he looks down at his feet. "Zayn," I say, and he looks up. "I can tell that you're not telling me something. There's no need for secrets you know, we're band mates for heaven's sake." I snap, without meaning to. "I'm sorry." I mumble, regretting my actions. "It's fine; I understand you're a little tense." He says. Zayn sighs. "Niall...Niall likes Lindy." my head snaps up. "What?" I ask in disbelief. "Niall likes Lindy. H-He told me so himself." I stand there in disbelief. "I have to talk to him." I turn and start walking towards the exit. "Harry!" Zayn calls. Stopping in my tracks, I don't turn to him. "Yeah?" I ask. Silence fills the halls, "Never mind." Zayn mumbles. My pace quickens as my body fills with a mixture of emotions.

I don't know if I'm mad, or happy. I'm confused. How could Niall possibly like Lindy? He doesn't show any sympathy, or affection for her. Soon enough, I'm at the entrance of the hospital. I see Niall sitting in the pouring rain. Should I talk to him? Maybe it's too soon. I wouldn't know what to say either. I sigh, and turn on my heel. When I reach the hospital room, I see the boys are standing outside of the room, and the door is closed. "What's going on?" I ask, panic immediately taking over my body. "Don't worry, Harry. The nurses are just doing a small checkup." Louis reassures me.

"Deep breaths." I think to myself. A nurse finally comes out of the room. "Is she okay?" I can't help but ask. "I believe she will be fine. She may have some head trauma, but nothing too serious. Let us know is she wakes up." the nurse says with a smile, turns on her heel, and swiftly walks down the hallway. I enter the room slowly, and sit beside Lindy. The hospital is silent, soon to be filled with the sound of footsteps on the smooth tile. I expect it to be a nurse walking down the hallway, but I am wrong. Niall walks in, his eyes looking swollen and red.

"You okay?" I ask, and he glances at me. His expression is a sullen one, only outdone by the fact that he had obviously been crying. Silence once again surrounds us, but with an awkward presence. "I think we all should get some rest." Liam suggests, "There is a small motel down the street, probably cheap as well." We all nod. "I can go check it out. Harry, will you be coming?" he asks. I look at Lindy. "No, I won't. I have to stay with her." I say, and rub my eyes, along with a yawn.

"We understand. Okay, lads, let's head out. Goodnight Harry; we'll swing by in the morning." Liam says as they all head out the door. "Goodnight." I try to smile. They all leave, and I am alone with Lindy. A few minutes pass by, although it feels like hours-years even. During those minutes, I look around the room. I search through the drawers and shelves. The only items I find are a small remote for the very tiny telivison that hangs in the corner of the room, and a even smaller remote that controls the hospital bed. Sighing, I plop onto a chair and turn on the miniature TV. It takes at least a minute for it to fully turn on, and another minute for the sound to come through. All that's on are adult cartoons like Family Guy or Robot Chicken. My stomach suddenly decides to sound like a dying whale, and I start to wonder if the hospital cafeteria is still open.

Scouring the halls, I follow the plaques put on the walls to the "lunch hall", as the sign says. It's dark, and the doors are locked shut. Sighing, then turning on my heels, I look for a vending machine. My hands search the pockets of my jeans.

Empty.

All that I have is my phone. My wallet must be at my flat. "Damn it." I think to myself. I end up walking back to the hospital room, where Lindy's beat up body remains on the hospital bed. I try to get comfortable-and don't succeed- but end up slowly drifting to sleep.

{A/N: Hey guys. So sorry I took forever to update. I had major writer's block. Also, a lot of stuff was going on in my personal life. Not so fun. I love you all!}