Chapter Five

»Lindy's POV«

I was acting like a desperate student, waiting on the edge of my chair, ready to jump up and run as soon as it was time to leave. As soon as my computer read 3:30 I hit "clock out" and ran out, leaving the room clean for Jack, the guy who had the next shift. As I walked briskly to my car, he passed me and stopped to look at me. "In a hurry are ya?" He asked and I nodded, smiling with joy. "I have two songs playing, so you better hurry and get in there." I waved and hoped into the 2013 blue truck. I pushed in my key, and drove away. Although there was probably no bad traffic in the roads, I took back roads to get to my flat faster.

As soon as I got there, I noticed Harry sitting on his porch, and he had something in his hand. In his driveway, there was a cherry red mustang with white decals, making it look like a race car. It reminded me of this toy car he had. I got out of my car, and went up to my door. I'll see him in a few hours, plus he looks half-asleep. I entered my house and went upstairs to see what I had to wear. I had a few dresses. I barely wore them though. I chose to wear my white dress, with sleeves like baseball T-shirts. I got this dress soon after I left my father's house. The dress went to a little over the knee. I didn't usually like to show off my legs. If I did, it was with shorts. Next, I grabbed my white boots and slipped them on. My hair was fine, so I didn't mess with it that much. I hardly ever put on makeup, so I felt done. I looked at the small clock in my closet. 5:00 PM.

I sighed, should I check on Harry? I went to my window and peeped through the curtains. Harry was no longer looking at his lap, but at my house, or my car. I decide to text him. "Hey. Can I come over?" I sent the message. "Yeah, of course." he said, and I walked across the street to his house. "Hey, Eastie." he smiled at me, and looked at my dress. "Why so fancy?" he asked. "You texted me that we were going to a fancy place to celebrate. What did you expect me to wear?" I looked at him, and he was still in a V-neck shirt, and his tight skinnies. "Oh, that's right. Maybe I should go get fixed up." He chuckled, and his child-like dimples showed. We both went into his house and he turned to me. "Will you help me pick out something? You clearly have a great fashion sense." I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure you'll manage, Styles." He smirked and walked himself upstairs.

-

-

It was now 6:00 PM, and Harry was still in his closet. A knock came from the door, and before I could answer Liam came in. "Well come in." I said, Liam was in a suit-like outfit. "Oh hey Lindy! Where's Harry?" he asked. "Well I believe he's getting dressed." just then, I heard steps coming towards us. I turned and saw Harry walking towards us, and he was in a suit that almost was the same as Liam's, but a shade darker. "Are you ready? You probably took longer than Lindy." Liam said, and Harry rolled his eyes. We walked out, and there was a black van-a Cadillac I believe- waiting outside. Liam got in the front and Harry and I climbed in the back. Louis sat in the front passenger seat, Zayn was all the way in the back- and a girl with blonde hair was next to him. Next to that girl, was another girl, but with brunette hair. I sat in the middle, between Harry and Niall. "Oh boy." I thought.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Niall was the first to say something. That comment made me mad just a tad bit."Hey Lindy!" Zayn said and smiled, clearly ignoring Niall's comment. "This is my girlfriend, Perrie. Perrie, this is Lindy, Harry's friend." he introduced us, and the blonde-Perrie- smiled at me. "Hi, it's very nice to meet you!" I smiled back. "Hello." is all I said. "This is Eleanor." Perrie pointed to the brunette. "Hey!" she was a little hyper. "I'm Eleanor, Louis' girlfriend." she held out her hand, and I shook it. "Your dress is beautiful." Perrie commented. "Thanks. Yours is pretty too." she was wearing a silver sequin dress. Eleanor was wearing a deep red high-low dress.

The ride wasn't as bad as I thought. Niall was quiet most of the time, but he occasionally made a few comments, which ticked me off a bit. When we pulled up to the restaurant, Niall wad the first to hop out of the car. When I got out, he looked at my dress, as everyone else began walking up to the doors. He walked right behind me, and he whispered just loud enough for me to hear. "Why are you wearing church clothes. So modest, why can't you live a little and show some skin, Lindy." Niall was making me madder by the second. I turned to him. "Well, Niall, I'm not like most girls. I try not to dress up like a play-boy-sex-toy girls who have probably lost their virginity at age 13." I spat and walked on, with purpose in my step.

"Hello! Table for how many?" A middle-aged woman greeted and asked us. "Um..." Harry began. "Eight please." he said and the woman grabbed some menus. "Right this way." she walked us to a large round table and turned to us. "Will this be fine, Mr.Styles?" she added. Some heads turned and some didn't care. "Yeah. It will be fine." he said and we all sat down. "Let's just hope paparazzi don't show up."Liam murmured. I sat next to Harry and Eleanor. I was glad Niall wasn't by me. "So Lindy, how long have you known Harry?" Eleanor asked. "Since 8th grade." I said, as a waitress came up to us.

"Hello, I'm Christie, I will be your waitress tonight." she had ginger hair and hazel eyes. I saw Liam eyeing her, especially at her bum. "I'm Liam." he said, and some of us looked at him. "Oh, I know who you are. You're Liam, that's Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Louis." she pointed to them. "Anyways, can I start you guys with a drink?" she asked. She went around taking down our drink orders, and before she left she whispered to us, "I'll make sure that paparazzi don't show up too." and she left quickly.

"I'm Liam." Louis mocked Liam and he looked down with embarrassment. We all laughed, including Niall. He actually looked cute when he laughed. Wait, did I just think what I think I thought?"What the hell was that about?" Louis asked as we settled down from our explosion of laughter. "I don't know, she's pretty." he was blushing. "Do you think it's love at first sight?" Eleanor asked, and I smiled. "I always liked the idea of love at first sight, it seemed amazing; but I was told that it wasn't real. I was really young when someone told me that. My mother came up to me one day and told me 'Lindy, whatever anyone tells you, love at first sight isn't real. Neither is true love. If a guy ever tells you it's true love, they are lying.' before she ran out of the house." I said, and when I looked around, everyone looked at me with interest, which half surprised me. I never thought my life was interesting. Harry looked at me smiling, as if he was proud of me that I was opening up. Perrie looked the most interested; she had her face in her hands, and her elbows were proped-up onto the table. Her eyes glistened blue with interest. "Continue." she nodded, and Zayn nodded along with her.

"I never believed her, because she said that she 'loved me'. If she really loved me, I don't think she would've left me with my father. I never saw her again after that day. My life was a living hell after that, until eigth grade that is. That's when I met Harry." I looked at him smiling, and he joined me, with his dimples showing. "After I met him, everything changed. It was like my father could no longer damage me. If he did, Harry was there to repair me. If I fell, he fell with me. But to answer your question, Eleanor. Yes, I do think love at first sight is real, and Liam might have a shot with her if he went to get her number." I exchanged glances between them and sat back. That may have been the first time that I've talked about my past without crying. "Really? You think I may have a shot?" Liam smiled a cheeky smile, and Christie came back with our drinks. She placed them down, and asked us all what we wanted to eat. After taking down our orders, she started to walk off and Liam also got up. "I'll be right back." he said and went after the ginger, to hopefully get her number. "What about you guys, do you believe in true love?" I asked, and everyone nodded, except Niall. "How about you, Horan?" he rolled his eyes, and sat up in his seat.

"No, Lindy, I do not believe in love at first sight. I think the thought of it is repulsing and stupid. It is a fantasy and delusional. Get this in your child-like brain now; love at first sight is not real. It's just a simple delusional lie people have passed down to make their children happy. Grow up, life isn't like a movie, not everything is true. The sooner you get that the better." Niall said and left us all in shock. I felt hurt and offended. Liam came back and sat down with a wide grin on his face. "I got her number!" he cheered and looked at us. He cleared his throat and continued, "Did I um...miss something?" we all looked at him. "No, not a thing." I smiled at him, and glared at Niall. What else will this night have in store?