Chapter Three

»Lindy's POV«

~Present~

My eyes shot open as my alarm clock  blasted annoying sounds. I sat up and turned it off. I yawned at got ready. It is about 7:30 A.M. My phone started to vibrate, and I grabbed it. "Hello?" I answered without looking at the number. "Lindy, don't forget you have to be here ny 8:30. At noon you have an interview." my boss- Mr.Rámon- started to speak. "Oh, yes! I remember now! I'll be there as soon as possible!" we exchanged good-byes and hung up.

Mr.Rámon isn't like many bosses. He doesn't wear suits and ties like many businessmen, he wears normal everyday clothes like the employees. He's quite a nice guy. He gave me a job at the BBC One Music Station. My job is loads of fun. I've interviewed Austin Mahone, Demi Lovato (who is now one of my greatest friends), Lady GaGa and so many others. I've been to many concerts also. About three months ago, I was given a raise, and I finally had enough money to move away from my father, and closer to work.

I oppened my closet and grabbed myself my camouflage skinnies, black sneaker-like wedges, and a grey top that had a wash-out/worn look. I don't wear make-up, unless I'm going to a special event. I usually give myself a natural look so I brushed out my hair, and straightened the parts that needed straightening.  Quickly, I brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a lemon-lime Gatorade and also grabbed a Special K protein bar. "Where are my keys?" I mumbled and looked around my messy counter for the keys to my blue truck. Finally, I found them and ran out of the house with all of my items in my hand.

I hop into my truck and start the engine. As soon as I get onto the road, I turn up my radio to the BBC station. I hear my friend Jenny talking about a new song by Pitbull as she gets to the end of her shift. It didn't take long for me to get to work. I grabbed my Gatorade and turned off the ignition. As soon as I get into the building, I see Ms.Turney. "Good morning, Lindy." she smiles her smile that can light up any room. Her red hair falls in her face a little, but she fixes it almost immediately. Ms.Turney isn't much older than me. She is only 25. At work, I'm obligated to call her Ms.Turney, but on my brake or after work I call her Madison. She is quite nice to me, and everyone. She is a "people person" as some might call it.

"Morning!" I say back as I scury down the hall to the station. I stop in my tacks suddenly and turn back towards her. "Oh, Ms.Turney, I have an interview today." I reminded her so she could let them through when they got here. "That's right! I heard about that. Are you excited?" she asked smiling again. "Yeah, I really am. It's my first time to meet all of them as a group. Well, I got to go, see you later!" I call as I once again scury down the hall towards the station. I swing the door open and set my Gatorade on a desk.

"Lindy! You're here!" Jenny hugged me. I saw she had all of her items on the couch, ready to go. Jenny has the 3:30AM-8:30AM shift, and then I have the 8:31 AM-3:30 PM shift. "Yeah. You must be pretty tired, huh?" I asked, she looked extremely tired. "Oh my god, yes. It doesn't help either with the baby. I love him dearly, but I wish he would just go to sleep." she sighed. "I'm sorry." I said, even though I didn't know what it was like to have a child. "You better get going before traffic gets too bad." I told her and she nodded, traffic here gets bad around 9:00 AM. "Bye Lindy, brake a leg. Have fun at that interview too." she winked and left. I got ready before the advertisements ended and was already to go on air.

"Hello everyone! How is your morning? If you just woke up, I'd give some time before you head out this morning, because there is an overturned truck on Ratcliff Highway. So just a head's up." I started. "Oh, and another head's up, later today around noon I'm interviewing the charming band, who I'm sure everyone is familiar with, One Direction! Also, during that interview we will be giving out tickets! I'll give more info as the time comes around. In celebration, let's give it up for One Direction's Midnight Memories!" I clicked the screen, which then started to broadcast the song.

I turned off my mics and sat down. I closed my eyes, sat back and listened to the song. My listening was interrupted by my phone-which was vibrating. This time, it wasn't a call it was a text.

"Hey Lindy! I can't wait for later! I have missed you so much! I can't wait for the boys to finally meet you! <3 -Hazza"

I smiled at his text. I was already impatient that I had to wait three hours to see him again. I started to reply to his text.

"I can't wait either! I miss you too! We have so much to catch up on when you get here! <3 -Eastie"

Eastie was the nickname Harry gave me in 8th grade. Soon enough, the song had finished, and I went back on air with a huge grin on my face. Three hours had never seemed so long.