Chapter 3: Cards

We were both worried about Terra, and we stuck together because of him.

I woke up troubled. Last night, Ven had told me that he was writing a book about a boy getting kidnapped and getting out of it. I knew that this was his way of coping with Terra's going missing, but I still had a job to do. Would I get fired because I couldn't concentrate? I was close to breaking down, but I composed myself and got up.

When I got back out, I saw DJ Khaled with Master Eraqus at the table.

"Aqua, please join us." Eraqus said.

I sat down. "So, what's up?" I asked.

"Well, Eraqus called earlier and told me that Terra was missing, but he came to the studio yesterday. He said that he killed Xehanort, and is enjoying the new house he has. If everything goes well over there, he will come back."

Then, Ven came down. "Hey, Ven." DJ Khaled greeted. "How's it going?"

"Not great." He replied.

"It's alright, man." Khaled reassured. "Terra came over to the studio and told me everything. Xehanort kidnapped him, but Terra managed. He killed Xehanort."

Ven's eyes went wide. "Where is he now?" He asked.

"He's fine. He's in his new house, living well."

Eraqus looked at him. "Ventus, trust me. If Khaled says he's fine, he's fine. He'll have everything explained when he gets back."

Ven nodded. So we ate breakfast, and on Eraqus' orders, I went to look for Terra.

I walked down the streets of my neighborhood, and after a long time of searching, I didn't find Terra. But what I did find was shocking. There was a house that looked like one of those haunted houses on Halloween.

There was a sign on the door that said,

DR. FACILIER CAN HELP, WHATEVER THE PROBLEM

Help sounded nice at that time. I knew that it probably wouldn't be very helpful, but it was worth a try. I still had time.

So I walked up to the door and rung the doorbell. The door opened to reveal a tall, and dark man with a black top hat on.

"Facilier's the name. How can I help?"

"My name's Aqua. I'm looking for my friend Terra."

"Glad to help. Come inside."

Facilier ushered me inside his home, which had a bunch of weird decorations everywhere.

"Sit down." He gestured.

I sat down at the table, and he set down some cards in front of me.

"Pick 3 cards. Any 3, and you will find your friend's future."

So that's what he was. A fortune teller. But I picked 3, and he set them up for me. He flipped the first.

"According to the card, your friend is safe. For now."

"For now?" I asked. "What does that mean?"

He flipped over the second card.

"According to this card, if you are not careful, he may be in danger."

Danger? That didn't sound good.

"How does he avoid this danger?"

"If you are able to find him and bring him back." He replied.

"But where is he?"

"That's what this last card should say." He flipped it over.

"He's close." Facilier announced. "In a neighborhood with a red circle in the middle."

But that could be anywhere! This wasn't helping at all.

"Facilier, this doesn't help. Why can't you just help me out and tell me where he is?" I demanded.

"You should choose your words carefully, Aqua. You don't want my patience to run out." He said, raising his voice.

"But I'm no closer to finding him. You have been no help, voodoo doctor."

I turned to leave, but I was suddenly stopped. I was forcefully turned around to see Facilier holding a doll, of me!

"I told you to be careful. Now, you must pay for trying my patience." He took a pin and poked the doll's leg. It hurt.

I fell to the ground, horrified.

"I was going to help you, but based on your actions, you will now have to help me."

What? I wasn't going to help a witch doctor!

"No." I said, and he took the pin and started lowering it. But as soon as he did, an orange circle appeared at my side.

A man walked out of the circle, and teleported the doll out of Facilier's hands!

I looked at him. He had a red cape, and a thin beard. He looked at me, then him.

"You." Facilier said, angry. "What are you doing here?!"

"I'm here to help people, unlike you."

"No. This is her problem, not yours!"

"It is if it's about the dagger!" The man replied.

"You will pay. I'm coming back. And when I do, the amends will be made."

And with that, Dr. Facilier disappeared.

The man helped me up. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Aqua." I said. "Who are you?"

"Strange. He replied. "Dr. Strange."

817 words.