Chapter 2: Sympathy

I saw something new in Terra... Darkness.

When we finished the fight, I looked at Terra. He looked nervous, like he was busted.

"I find that Aqua is the true keyblade master." Eraqus stated.

"Terra, you did not perform Terra-bly, but you also showed darkness. You know that we push the darkness away, right?"

"Yes, Master." Terra replied. His head was sagged, and I felt really bad for him. I just wanted to hug him, and tell him that it was alright. But I had things to do. I walked to Eraqus' office, and he turned towards me.

"Aqua, now that you are keyblade master, I can't teach you anymore. You must let the light guide you on your path."

I nodded.

I left and went to Ven's room to tell him what happened.

"Ven, Terra showed darkness at the exam." I told him.

"How?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"When we fought, he showed some darkness." I explained. "Even Master Xehanort saw."

Ven looked confused. "Master Xehanort? Why was he there?" He asked.

"He was testing us, too."

Ven started to walk downstairs, and he went towards Master Eraqus.

"Master Eraqus?" He said. Eraqus turned around.

"Yes, Ventus?" He asked.

"Have you seen Terra?"

Eraqus scrunched his face, as if trying to figure it out. "No. Why?"

"We can't find him."

The master thought for a minute, and said, "Xehanort."

I was shocked. "Xehanort? What would he do?" I asked.

"We've had many arguments about the darkness, and he wants to experiment with it to start a new life. He must have kidnapped Terra."

"So let's go get him!" Ven demanded.

"I wish we could, Ventus. But we don't even know where he is. All we can do is hope that he's fine and that he can get his way out."

Ven looked at him for a minute, before walking upstairs.

"I'm sorry, Master Eraqus. I should have stuck with him after. I know that he felt bad."

"Aqua, it's not your fault. I shouldn't have left this room. I wish we could help, but until we have more information, we can't."

I nodded. "I'll go check on Ventus." So I walked up to Ven's room. I found him lying on his bed, crying. I sat down next to him, and he looked up at me, tears streaming down his face.

"Ven, you will see Terra again." I said. "I don't doubt it."

"How do you know?" He asked.

"Terra can take care of himself. If he has darkness, maybe he can use it to his advantage."

I gave him a hug, and I had a feeling that he needed it. I had sympathy for him, just as he did for me. We were both worried about Terra, and we stuck together because of him.

473 words.