Chapter 21

116 pounds.

"You won't gain weight just by eating one cookie Jin," Sapphire says, making me look down in shame. For the past week, she has been trying to get me eat desserts but I always decline. I've been sticking to salads and a bit of rice for survival so asking me to eat a cookie is next to impossible.

"Smell it,"

She brings the cookie near my nose, getting me to smell it. How long has it been since I ate a delicious cookie? I closed my eyes in contentment and moaned out of pure delight.

The smell is heavenly.

"You know you want it," She teased, bringing it closer to my lips. I'm really tempted to eat a bunch of these and not stop.

Maybe one cookie won't hurt.

I was about to open my mouth, preparing for that delicious bite when,

'you can't even resist a single cookie? what a disgrace aren't you jin?'

I back away from the temptation and look at Sapphire. Her excited face drastically changed and she shot me a sad look which made me feel worse.

"I can't, I'm sorry," Tears were flowing down my cheeks immediately. She engulfed me in a hug, rubbing my back reassuringly.

"It's okay. It's okay. We can try next time okay?"

I nodded my head, hugging her even tighter. We were both alone in the dorms so that meant the boys being oblivious about me showing signs of weakness. I'm their hyung who they should look up to and be strong for them.

"Come on, let's eat dinner,"

Before she came into my life, I was so reliant on water and apples to survive. Now that I have rice filling up 1/4 of the plate baffles me. She will add in rice bit by bit every meal so that I will at least have sufficient nutrients in my body. She never forces me to eat that much because she knows how hard it is. Her idea was taking small steps and I'm really grateful for that.

"By the way, how was your show today?" She asked, munching on her tofu.

Today is our fan sign in Busan and we just came back few hours ago. The boys wanted to go out but I stayed because of how exhausting I was. Sapphire invited herself to the dorm and I honestly don't mind it at all.

At least, I have company.

Once she arrived here, she started cooking homemade meals like kimchi stew and omelette. It was unfortunate that I can't eat as much but I have to say that whatever she cooks, it always turns out delicious.

"It was fun, the fans were very corporative. All of them called me handsome," I smirked at her, making her roll her eyes playfully at me.

"The girls had fun staring at my man don't they?"

"You're my girl too sweetheart," I say, smiling brightly at her. I take her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. She squeezed my hand harder and I let go of her in pain. All she did was laugh at me and after a while, I joined her too.

"Jikook were obviously happy to back in their hometown and they could not stop flirting with each other,"

"I wish they are real," She trailed off dreamily.

"They are both idiots for not realising their feelings for each other," I shake my head in disappointment and those two brats. They clearly love each other and is still clueless about it.

"Although I ship Yoonmin a lot more, Jikook makes me soft too," She says, chuckling.

We have light conversations like this all the time when we hang out. We didn't need to act differently around each other. Our relationship is like a gem, so precious and pure.

I'm thankful for having her in my life because she's my gem.