I'm Happy If You're Happy With Yourself (Chapter 8)

Chapter 8

When Alex woke up, Taylor was still asleep in his arms. He didn't want to wake her because she so looked so peaceful so he just lay there thinking with her on top of him. He would have stayed there all day for her.

Alex had definitely fallen for Tay; she was pretty, smart and she made him laugh. She stirred in her sleep and Alex held her tighter. He couldn't have been more pleased with the way last night had gone, they had certainly hit it off and when they had kissed, Alex had felt so alive and happy. He was glad she'd only invited him in to watch a movie; he didn't want to go too quickly with this relationship, besides, they always say that people who have sex on their first date are only likely to be together for a few months at the most. Alex wanted to be with Tay for as long as possible, so he was okay with waiting for that stuff!

He lay there for what must have only been ten or fifteen minutes before Tay woke up.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!" Alex chimed as she started to stretch out.

"Ugh, it's too early!" She groaned as she hauled herself off him, "I'm sorry, I'm not a morning person, do you want some coffee?"

"That'd be great!" Alex also sat up and started to stretch his back.

"I'm sorry I sat on you! With a lump like me on top of you all night, I'm amazed your back isn't broken!"

Alex laughed and shook his head, "It was fine, you're not a lump! Now where's that coffee?"

As he waited for his drink, Alex used it as an opportunity to sneak a peak at her CD rack that was stood next the DVDs. From what he could see, they both had very similar music taste; Blink-182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, We Are The In Crowd, Fall Out Boy, You Me At Six and, of course, All Time Low.

They chatted a bit more over the coffee before Alex announced that he needed to go home and get changed, even though it killed him to be away from her. As he was on his way out, he noticed that the mail had been delivered and was all scattered across the hallway infront of the door. He figured he'd pick it up and give it to her, but as he bent down to collect the mail, something caught his eye. There were three brightly coloured cards all reading 'Happy Birthday'.

Alex returned to the kitchen and put the mail on the counter next to Tay, "These were by the door," He said as she started to look through them,

"Oh, thank you!"

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" He asked her with puppy eyes,

"I didn't really think you'd care, you've only known me for two days!" She replied.

"Of course I care! And I don't care how long I've known you for, I really like you!"

Tay blushed and nudged him, "You don't mean that!"

"Yes I do, and I'll prove it to you! What time are you free today?"

"I'm free all day, I've got the day off,"

"Brilliant! I'll go home and get changed, give you a chance to get ready and then I'm going to take you out for your birthday!" He grinned, obviously pleased with himself. And it was obviously an offer that she couldn't deny.

"Fine!" She said with fake reluctancy,

"Fine!" He said in the same voice, "I'll be back in an hour!"

One hour later, Alex found himself back outside her door with a present neatly wrapped, it even had a little bow!

When she opened the door, Alex once again found himself in shock at how amazing she looked. This time, she was simply dressed for the summer with a red vest top and some black shorts. She had plain black converse on and the bracelets and wristbands once again lined her wrists. 'Does she ever take them off?' He thought to himself as he stepped inside.

"Hello again, Mr Gaskarth!" She smiled at him and Alex could feel his insides turn to mush.

"I got you something!" He said as he held out the gift, he watched with eagerness as the unwrapped and pulled out the new AWG designs.

"Oh my god, Thank you!" She threw her arms around him, alex was sure he was going to melt at her touch.

"You should put that hoodie on, then you'll be 'Property of AWG'!"

She gave him an unamused face, "That was one of the worst jokes I've ever heard!"

Alex laughed and put his arm around her, "Come on, I'm taking you for a walk, I'll get you anything you want while we're out!"

They walked around Baltimore for what must have been hours, occaisionally stopping to buy ice cream or some burgers. Alex asked Tay about the wristbands and bracelets and why she wore them so much, she just replied that she liked them so he decided to leave it at that. The day went perfectly and as the sun was about to set, Alex took Tay to one of his favourite places in Baltimore; Thames Street.

They stood on the intersection of Thames Street and South Broadway and watched the sunset as Alex sang Six Feet Under The Stars to her. When he had finished, Tay wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. Alex didn't hesitate to hug her back and they stood there in silence as they watched the sun disappear.

"This was the best birthday ever!" She said as they carried on their embrace.

"I'm glad I could make it so memorable!" He replied with a grin.

"I really like you, not just because you're Alex Gaskarth, but because you're such a sweet, kind man and I actually really enjoy spending time with you!" She looked up at him and Alex's heart began to beat so fast he thought it was going to break out of his chest!

"I feel exactly the same way, I was wondering if you'd like to- I don't know- make it official?"

She smiled and now Alex was sure his heart was about to make a run for it! "What do you say? Do you want to be the official girfriend of the great Alex Gaskarth?" He pulled the 'duck face' in an attempt to look more 'attractive' and she laughed again, he could listen to that laugh all day.

"Hell yeah!" She replied and then she kissed him.