I'm Happy If You're Happy With Yourself (Chapter 6)

Chapter 6

Alex stared up in shock at the girl from the show. Her long hair was gently swaying in the breeze, occasionally covering her face as she ran to his aid after nearly knocking him out.

"Are you OK? I'm so sorry! Let me help you!" She grabbed his arm and steadied him as he clutched his chin where she had hit him. There was something odd about her accent; there was no way she was from Baltimore, she sounded british.

"I'm fine," He replied, chuckling to himself, he was just glad he'd found her, "I shouldn't have come up behind you like that, you've got one hell of a punch!"

She smiled and laughed; Alex swore her smile was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

"Again, I'm really sorry, I was just a little on edge, my car broke down and I've got work to get to work in a few hours and I'm just so tired"

"I know exactly how you feel!" Alex sighed, "Oh, I'm Alex by the way." He said, holding out his hand,

"Oh, I know who you are," She replied, taking his hand, "I'm Taylor," they shook hands and Alex felt so happy that he could finally speak to her.

"Another Tay!" He said jokingly,

She laughed again, "Not as pretty as Tay Jardine I'm afraid!"

"Oh, I don't know about that." She looked up at him, suprised at this amazing compliment. Alex stared back into her eyes, they were the most beautiful chocolate brown, he could look into them all day. "I saw you at the show!" Alex said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it was incredible by the way, you have such a brilliant voice!"

Alex blushed slightly, "Well thank you!"

"I was going to wait around after the show with my friend Laura, but as I said, I've got work so I wanted to get home as soon as possible. As you might have guessed, I'm not from around here," She indicated her accent, "so I need to make sure I keep this job. But, as you can see, it doesn't look like I'm getting home any time soon." She pointed to her car.

"I could take a look at it for you?" Alex offered, he really had no idea about how to fix a car but he couldn't just leave her out here.

"So the great Alex Gaskarth is not only an amazing singer and songwriter, but he's also a skilled mechanic!" She joked as they headed over to the car at the side of the road.

"That's me!" Alex chirped as he peered into the hood. After a moment of looking, he spoke. "To be completely honest, I have no idea what I'm doing. So may I use this as an excuse to walk you home?"

She laughed and nodded her head, "Of course you can! What kind of girl would turn down that offer from Alex Gaskarth?"

"You're gonna have to direct me because I have no idea where I'm going!" He said as they began to walk down the dark road. He stretched out his arm and she linked hers with his. They walked on in silence, just taking in the summer night.

As they walked with their arms interlinked, Alex couln't help but think that the 'connnection' he'd thought they'd had at the show was real after all. He felt so comfortable just being next to her.

"Well, this is me!" She said as they neared a small apartment block close to the centre of town. Alex didn't live too far from here himself! The walk seemed to be over as quickly as it had begun, but they must have walked miles!

As he walked her to the door of the apartment block, she turned to thank him. Just as she was about to go inside, Alex rustled up enough courage to ask her one more question before he headed back.

"I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to dinner tomorrow night after you've finished with work?" Alex hadn't felt this nervous in a long time.

She smiled again, he would never get sick of that smile. "I'd love to,"

"That's great! I'll pick you up at seven then?"

"Sounds great!"

Alex held the door open for her to go inside, "You're such a gentlemen," She said before giving him a brief kiss on the cheek and then she was gone.