I'm Happy If You're Happy With Yourself (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3

It was the last day of tour and Alex was glad it was in his hometown of Baltimore. He was looking forward to going straight home to bed after the show rather than participate in the usual partying that happens at the end of the tour. He was just tired.

Alex began to ready himself as their support band for this tour, We Are The In Crowd, left the stage. Now they just had to wait for the stage to be set up for All Time Low. After that, Alex was free to go, they had a month off after this tour; it was one of the longest breaks they'd ever had since they started the band.

But he would still be alone.

"We're on in two minutes!" Matt shouted at no one in particular. That gave Alex two minutes to think.

The only person he had really talked to this whole tour was Tay Jardine from We Are The In Crowd. Alex liked Tay, but only in a little sister kind of way; she listened to him but she also got distracted easily. She could be talking to him one minute and gone the next.

As Tay walked past, she squeezed Alex's shoulder and smiled at him, "Cheer up, you're gonna be great tonight!" Alex was about to reply but Jordan pulled her away.

That's when it hit him.

Alex hadn't had a girlfriend for two years. His last girlfriend, Lisa, had said that his constant touring was getting in the way of their relationship, she said that it 'wasn't healthy' for them to be apart for that long and then return to each other like nothing had happened. That had torn Alex apart. He really missed the days with Lisa. Even if he didn't particularly miss her, he still missed being able to spend time with someone who would hold him and tell him that they loved him and that everything would be alright.

Well, Alex had people telling him that they loved him everyday; All Time Low fangirls yelling about how they wanted to have his babies or how they'd perform certain sexual favours for him behind the tour bus. Maybe that's why he couldn't seem to find the 'right girl'; ever since All Time Low's popularity had risen, every girl he thought he liked always turned out to be some groupie trying to get in his pants.

Suddenly Jack was stood next to him, "Man, this show's gonna be mental!" he yelled over the screams of the crowd as they prepared for All Time Low to enter the stage.

"Go, go, go!" Matt ushered them all onstage and the band went straight into the first song, 'Time Bomb'. The screams drilled into Alex's head and the whole world was spinning.

"We're like a time bomb!" He sang as well as he could into the mic, but Alex could still feel Matt's dissaproving look burning into the back of his skull.

Jack ran past, he was just a blur as he moved against the lights. It was too much for Alex. He thought he was going to pass out from exhaustion.

And that's when he saw her.