I'm Happy If You're Happy With Yourself (Chapter 7)

Chapter 7

Alex gasped in atsonishment as Taylor made her way down the steps of the apartment block and to his car.

She was wearing a light green dress that seemed to fit in just right with the brightness of the evening as it was coming to the end of July. The dress ended as it came to her knees so she was't showing much; that made Alex sigh with relief, he hated it when girls dressed like sluts on the first date. Her shoes were black with no heels. 'At least I won't be towered over' he thought to himself. Her long brown hair had lots of light curls that gave it more life. The final part of her outfit was a collection of bracelets and wristbands that hugged tightly to one wrist and a small cuff on the other.

She looked stunning.

Alex himself was wearing some neat looking jeans and flannel shirt with a professional looking jacket, they were the closest thing to formal he could find.

As she neared the car, Alex stepped out and opened the passenger side door for her.

"Aw, you are such a gentleman." She said as they came to face each other.

"Anything for you Miss... I'm sorry, what was your last name?"

"Oh, I'm sorry! It's Miller, Taylor Miller."

"Well, Miss Miller, you look incredible tonight!" Alex was actually taken aback by how amazing she looked; she was breath-taking!

Tay blushed and took her seat in the car. "So where were you planning on going tonight Mr Gaskarth?" She asked as he took his place behind the wheel and began to drive towards the centre of town.

"I thought we could just go for a simple meal?" He replied with a grin,

"Sounds great, I'm starving!"

They found a nice quiet restaurant and as they ate, Alex couldn't help but keep looking into her eyes, he felt so happy with her. Soon they were ordering dessert and they found themselves sharing a large ice cream sundae.

"So what made you move to Baltimore?" Alex asked as he shoveled another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

"Things happened in the UK and I just needed to get away, there were a few good job openings here anyway and of course, my favourite band All Time Low live here! Why would I not move here?" Tay was also doing a good job of shoveling the ice cream into her mouth because soon it was all gone.

They talked for a bit longer before Alex once again found himself lost in her big brown eyes. The soft eyeliner around them made them seem bigger and they drew him in further and futher and before he could stop himself, his lips linked with hers and they both fell into a deep, passionate kiss.

Alex hesitantly pulled away, "I'm sorry, I wasn't-"

"No, it's OK," She cut him off and smiled as he breathed a sigh of relief, the last thing he wanted to do was scare her off by moving too quickly.

"Do you know what? I don't think I've given you my number!" He said, breaking the silence, they exchanged numbers and soon found themselves back at Tay's apartment just before eleven o'clock.

Alex watched her as she unclicked her seatbelt, "I've had a great night," she said, turning to face him, "you are such a sweet guy!"

"I try," Alex replied, smugly, he didn't want this night to end, he didn't want her to get out of the car.

She was about to open the car door, when all of a sudden, she turned to him again and said, "It's still quite early, do you want to come in and watch a movie or something?"

"I'd love to!"

They both exited the car and made their way to Tay's cosy apartment.

"It's not much!" She said as she led him to the kitchen area, "Do you want a drink?" She asked, pointing to the bottles of wine lined up on the kitchen counter.

"Yes please!" Alex replied eagerly.

"The movies are just there, you can pick one! But first I must apologise for the amount of horrors that I own."

"I take it you like scary movies then?" Alex asked as he examined her collection movies. "Look at all these! Hostel, Nightmare On Elm Street, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Human Centipede!"

Tay came up behind him, wine in hand, "Are horrors not to your taste?"

Alex took the wine from her, "I'm actually quite a horror fan but we never get to watch any on tour because Rian and Jack are the biggest wimps I've ever met!"

After a while of looking, they both decided on watching Friday 13th as they sat close together on the sofa, Alex used the classic 'yawn move' to get his arm around her as he laughed at his attempts at flirting.

Soon, Tay had fallen asleep and Alex was drifting off himself. He reached for his jacket and laid it on top of her to make sure she was comfortable. He thought about leaving quietly as she slept, maybe leaving a note, but just as he was about to stand up, Tay shifted in her sleep and laid her head on his chest, her arm reaching around and bringing him into an embrace. He smiled and pulled her in closer.

Soon Alex fell into a deep sleep, the best sleep he'd had in a long time, with Taylor Miller in his arms.