I'm Happy If You're Happy With Yourself (Chapter 5)

Chapter 5

Alex could feel his heart being ripped in two inside his chest. How could she not be here? Surely she had not gone home straight after the show? He had really thought she'd be there.

The band finished signing things and the rest of the crew all prepared to go out drinking.

"You coming, Alex?" Jack asked as he slipped a jacket on.

"No, I'm gonna head home. I just need a night in my own bed rather than a cramped bunk." He sighed and headed out of the back door. He decided he'd walk home from the venue; it was coming into the early hours of the morning and all of the crazed All Time Low fans had gone. He needed a bit of air anyway.

This whole tour had been a disaster! His voice had been crappy, he kept forgetting chords to his own goddamn songs and just when he thought it was going to be alright, hope was ripped away from him.

Why had she walked away? He thought they'd had some sort of connection he saw her in the crowd. Or maybe it was just him that had thought that and he'd scared her off by staring at her! He couldn't erase the image of her smile from his head.

He started to walk quicker, hands in his pockets, a light summer breeze rustling his hair. He was close to home when a sillhouette appeared in the distance ahead of him. It was dark so he couldn't really make out who the person was but they seemed to be having trouble with their car.

As he got closer, he realised that the person was a woman; she was leaned over trying to fix something under the hood. It was dark and he figured he couldn't just leave her at this ungodly hour of the morning on her own in the backstreets of Baltimore, anything could happen to a young woman alone at night with nothing to defend herself with.

He jogged over to where the car was parked, coming up behind her. He gently tapped her on the shoulder, about to ask if she'd like some assistance when she quickly jerked round and lashed out at him. Her fist connected with his jaw and Alex fell back, stunned.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" He heard the woman say as she ran over to him. As she got closer, Alex realised that he recognised her, and then it hit him.

It was the girl from the show.