Chapter 7 - Awkward Introductions

"Do you know how important you are in this?" Zander voiced resonated from the hollow, dark room he currently occupied.

He was having yet another private and inconspicuous meeting as he made moves with his plan.

"Answer me boy!" Zander said to the young man who almost cowered in front of him.

It gave him no confidence that the man would be able to commit to his assigned tasks. The boy could not be afraid, fear would not bode well in Zander's plan in the slightest.

"No, I do not know." The man responded.

"Have I not explained this to you before?!" Zander hated to have to repeat anything. His waining superiority complex had gotten worse over the years, his impatience only heightened more and more.

"Yesss, sir," He stammered trying to regain his courage.

"Are you loyal to our cause? There is no backing out of this. The only way out now is death. We have no room for rebellion or my brother getting any word of this." Zander asked in a threat.

"I would never rebel against you Zander." The young male said in mostly fear.

Zander glared at him in inspection for a few moments.

"Very well, I'm sure you know by now that I am not one to cross." Zander warned.

"Yes sir," The other man gulped.

"You have quite an odd look to you, is this what the young people are wearing now?" Zander gave the man a look of distain to his appearance.

"I have my own style." The young male shrugged in a nonchalant manner.

"Its kind of depressing," Zander gave him another look of repulsion.

The young man knew not to respond to Zander's comment. So he just stood there and tried to breathe as normal as possible.

"You better hope you are as special as they say you are, because if you fucked this up, I will kill you myself and I assure you, it will be painful." Zander threatened.

When the boy looked at Zander ready to faint, Zander gestured for him to leave and the younger man scurried off. Only after the door slammed closed did Zander move from his dominant stance and walk over to gaze out the window of the hollow watch tower he was currently hiding in.

"There you go, back to the university you go." Zander whispered with a odd smirk on his face. He wasn't supposed to be enjoying anything of this, but somewhere deep inside of him, he found delight in his dark plan.

***

I wasn't one to sit around and be all depressed. No, I wasn't about to sit up in my room and mope around like a sad ass bitch-made nigga. Garrett wouldn't have that power over me, no matter how angry and hurt I was.

I didn't cry, but I did get mad as fuck. I couldn't believe what he said to me last night, like how long had he felt like this about me? I couldn't believe someone I walked around calling my best friend was so close-minded and thought so poorly of me. Someone I loved so...ugh!

Fuck this! I wasn't about to brood and cry over this dude. So after sleeping for a few hours, I got up and went for a run for a good hour. Then I went over to our student center to play some arcade games, you know some bad ass fighting game that I could take my anger out on.

Just as I was kicking some CPU ass with 'Jin' in Tekken, I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Ayy," I heard a man's voice say to me as I lost focus on my game to address whomever was trying to get my attention.