Chapter 11

“Thank you for your services” Chrysanthos thanked the witch, she nodded her head and continued to stare at him with a little glint in her eye, Lysander raised an amused eyebrow and Chrysanthos did the same. I cleared my throat loudly and moved to his side “Thank you for your services” I smiled and she looked like she was ready to pour hot water on my face.

My lioness was getting very impatient and jealous; she turned around but not before bowing down to him. “I will see her out” Lysander stood up and followed her behind.

“We need to talk” I stood in front of his large desk and folded my arms. Chrysanthos sat quietly in his chair and lifted a large hand to his chin, amusement was dancing his eyes but he entertained me.

“Everything feels jumbled up” I bit my lip taking a seat “I mean-why did you want to kill me?” His expression remained the same. Unreadable.

“My Lion could sense the wolf in you” he answered, his voice was strained

“Is this going to always happen?”

“As long as your wolf is alive in you.yes” My mouth quivered, I opened it to say something but nothing came out. Ambrosia was my everything, she has been a part of me ever since I was a child and to just kill her off like that....I just couldn’t. “But you didn’t attack me earlier” my voice was small

“That’s because we weren’t mating” My cheeks turned pink and he smirked “My lion could easily trace the lioness in you”

“Nora you are a target for everybody” he continued as I sat frozen in my seat “Witches want you, Wolves want you and not for good”

My mind felt like there was a tornado up there. I brushed my fingers through my hair and sat down

“I will protect you with my life but we need to keep some distance between us” Here we go...and once again I thought the wrong thing, this was starting to piss me the fuck off.

“Why?” my voice was dangerously low

“Nora what happened today” he looked pained “Next time they could be no one to stop me” That hurt me for some reason.

“Do you have a pack?”

“No” His face took on an angry expression and he avoided all eye contact with me. I would ask more about that later.

“Why do the witches want me?” I asked him and when he was about to answer a knock on the door interrupted us and a very agitated Lysander appeared “We’ve got a lead” he was dressed in dark clothes. Chrysanthos nodded his head “Load up the trucks...inform Jessica and Zotikos”

He nodded his head and shut the door.

 “Jessica will bring you some in a few minutes, come downstairs when you’re done”

I was about to protest when his large hands held my shoulders

“I know I have a lot of explaining to do” His eyes were hard and held so much intensity, my knees felt weak “Everything will be explained as soon as we are at our destination.” He was back to talking to me like I was in the military. Rolling my eyes I shrugged out of his grip and walked out, slamming the door behind me.