Chapter 25

“Chrysanthos!” I screeched while running around the kitchen counter when he tried to lift my dress up for the hundredth time. We were meant to be baking cupcakes, but he seemed very distracted. “Stop,” I smacked his large hand away. His eyes widened and he gave his head a disapproving shake before stepping closer in a dominating manner with a sexy smirk playing on his lips. His eyes moved down my body slowly and he stepped even closer.

“Nora”

“No” I ran to the other side when he got to my side. I got a good two laps around the island before Chrysanthos’s strong arm curved round my waist and held me still before we ended up on the floor.

“I’m wearing socks and you have legs like a horse” I mumbled and Chrysanthos’s deep husky laugh took over the kitchen. “Shut up Chrysanthos” I answered cheekily, and he just parted my legs and pulled me closer to him. I tried to pull the short red dress down so he wouldn’t be able to see my underwear, but he held my hands and pulled me even closer to him, flashing my black thong. “Chrysanthos” I complained, not realising how close we were until I looked up.

My legs extended past his waist and his extended underneath me so we were sitting face to face. “Was that really necessary?” I asked and Chrysanthos just grinned widely.

“Yes it was because I wanted to be close to my girlfriend. Is there a problem?” he asked and I playfully rolled my eyes; much to the amusement which was evident in his gold eyes.

The knot on top of my head was now messed up, letting some hair fall around my face. I held his face in my hands and looked into his eyes. The stubble on his jaw pricking my soft fingers “What I’m I going to do with you” I sighed and he smiled, showing me his beautiful white teeth. My hands slowly moved to his lips and I watched as I traced his lips. A deep growl rumbled in his chest and he nipped at my finger gently.

“Is the dramca still after me?” I knew this would make his mood sour but I needed to know. He had managed to shut me out of that conversation by changing the subject or seducing me. I wasn’t going to let him this time. How long would I be kept from civilisation?

“No” His gruff voice became dark and he easily stood up with me in his arms, we stood against the island with my legs around his waist.

“Chrysanthos-” we kept eye contact with each other “I want to help with the ambush” I closed my eyes knowing very well if I opened my eyes I would be greeted by some powerful gold eyes.

“No” he kissed me hard on my lips and set me down. The anger in his face hadn’t left.

“It’s not up to you Chrysanthos” I snapped

“It is” he snapped back and cornered me “I won’t let them have you again” his voice softened a little. Just a little.

“I want to fight with you, beside you” I tried again “we’re a team”

“I won’t risk it Nora, drop it” his jaw was set tight, his hands gripping the counter until his knuckles turned white.

“I won’t just let it g-”

“Enough, Nora” his voice raised and I flinched. I stepped closer to his large frame and poked him in the chest

“Never” poke “Speak” poke “To” poke “Me” poke “Like” poke “That Again” He was about to say something but I spoke first “You Asshole” I knew talking to a dominating man in that tone would have cost me a lot but I was angry. My eyes watered and I turned around before he could see.

“I’m sorry baby” he tried turning me around but my main focus was pouring batter into the baking tin. The conversation was far from over but I had to drop it.

“It’s okay” I sniffled and he spun me around

“Baby” he kissed my neck “It’s just, the thought of ever losing you doesn’t sit well with me” he kissed the other side of my neck and I nodded my head. We spent the rest of the day lazing around and eating the cupcakes I baked. As soon as Lysander heard about food he showed up with Meg and stole a basket full before saying he needed to attend a meeting concerning the club. After he left Chrysanthos said he would teach me how to shift into my lioness and that turned out harder than I thought. Shifting into Ambrosia was always easy.

“Just relax Nora” he stood with his arms crossed against his chest, the grey t-shirt he wore clung to his arms, his dark jeans making his legs look even longer.

“I can’t” I clenched my fists in frustration, waiting for my claws

“Yes you can” I wondered if I would be strong. “Try again” I breathed out and thin something hot ran through my veins like acid, my nails and teeth elongated, fur covered my body and before I knew It I was on fours

“Beautiful girl” Chrysanthos smiled proudly and stepped closer to me. My vision was clearer, everything was magnified. I took a step forward but tripped on my own paws. Chrysanthos rolled his eyes and started walking towards me instead. His large hand brushed my short fur and I growled in appreciation. “This is so bizarre” he mumbled to himself “You’re eyes are the palest shade of purple I’ve ever seen, mixed with green and gold” I could see his fascination as he stared at me. A purring sound bubbled up in my throat and I moved around him, nudging him playfully. Every time he would reach for me, I moved the other side.

“You want to play?” he asked with a naughty glint in his eyes. We ran around for a while until he leaped and tackled me to the dirt and grass. I licked his face and he roared playfully. We continued on like this until I heard a small whimper and froze, I managed to stand up and Chrysanthos instantly stood in front of me in a protective manner. I rolled my eyes and moved forward only to be growled at. I growled back and his eyes widened. I cautiously walked towards the bushes and sniffed. It was a baby animal. At least I knew it wouldn’t hurt me so I shifted back to my human form and looked through the bushes.

My heart stopped... tangled up in the bushes, petrified and shivering helplessly was a baby cub.