Chapter 15

The room was filled with moans and groans coming from both Chrysanthos and I, my breathing was heavy and my body was covered in a light sweat. We stayed on the floor and sat in silence; I stared around the hut and noticed that it was quite modern on the inside. My heart was pounding just thinking about Chrysanthos, he was my mate but it wasn’t the same as having a werewolf mate. He didn’t even have to reject me all he had to do was find another woman. Tears filled my eyes at the thought and I blinked hard but one slipped, I quickly moved a hand to my face and wiped it gently.

His chest moved up and down slowly, he was such a beautiful man and sometimes it shocked me how much I wanted him but I knew I needed to keep my distance because I would fall in love with him. His arm was across my stomach and his hand was right under my breast. I tried to move it but he let out a grunting noise and moved his hand to my breast, my breath hitched and the aching feeling between my legs was back.

I bit my lip and attempted to move again and this time he moved his hand and stood up leaving me on the floor, I was about to stand up but he lifted me up so quickly a squeal left my lips and I held on to his neck tighter.

“Chrysanthos” I said his name in a questioning manner but he didn’t say anything but continued walking to what I assumed was the bathroom...How big was this hut?

He managed to open the door and he walked inside. He set me on the sink and walked to the large tub and when I tried to get off he would growl. The sink was cool against my flushed skin. I watched as he walked towards the taps; tall, nude, domineering and handsome as fuck.

After the tub was almost full to the top he closed the taps and started walking towards me, I held on to the sink feeling like his stare would knock me right off.

“Chrysanthos I think I should go” I tried to sound as convincing as I could but his stare was so penetrating and intimidating. He stood in front of me not saying anything at all. I looked up at him and slowly licked my lips wondering what he was thinking. His gaze moved to my lips and he gently tucked a brown lock of hair behind my ear. His hand lingered and roughly moved into my hair and soon enough his lips were on my own.

I moaned into his mouth and held his hand against my face, his tongue darted into my mouth and he massaged my face, neck all the way down to my waist. His finger lightly trailed the place that was aching sweetly.

“Oh God” I leaned against his shoulder, bucking my hips with every movement “Please” he added another finger and my nails dug into his toned arms, scratching down lightly, my body felt like it would explode into a million pieces

“Look at me” It was the first time I heard his voice ever since we fucked; I looked up at him and stared into his sexy golden eyes and lips, his hand wrapped around my waist, assisting my movements

“I think I-I” my voice was loud and just like that he removed his hands “Chrysanthos” my eyes watered “Please” he walked to the large tub and I watched as his large body sink in further, the water over spilling. He ran a hand threw his hair, taking it all back.

“Come here” I felt compelled by him and in slow short steps, I made my way to the tub, getting in slowly. The water was nice, hot and very relaxing.

I sunk into the water wetting my hair and I pushed it back. We sat in a comfortable silence that enveloped us. Chrysanthos sat opposite me and pulled me closer by my leg until I was straddling him, I looked at his lips and softly kissed him.

“Chrysanthos-”

“My brother and I have never belonged to a pack” He started while he spun me around so now I was between his legs leaning against him. “We are the sons of Zachariah and Ekaterina” I listened carefully as he said each and every word.

“Who’s older?”

“ Zotikos”

“Then why-”

“We shifted at the same time which was bizarre and the more he researched we managed to find out that we were Nemean born” he explained “We were born Nemean lions and weren’t turned by another”

“So you are like the original one?” I asked hazily as he massaged my shoulders

“We were born after the original one”

“Wow you must be old” I mumbled but my eyes shot open when he abruptly released a loud, deep laugh. He dipped his head lower and kissed my neck making me shiver.

“So how come you have me as a mate?”

“You’re special a very special woman Nora, I am the King Nemean lion” I smirked and turned around quickly making more water rain on the floor.

“You think I’m a woman?”I pursed my lips and looked into his fascinating golden eyes; he pinched my waist and released a growl while he hungrily looked me up and down. He kissed me hard and bit my lip, tugging the tender flesh. This is what it would be like if he could just have me and stop pushing me away. I pulled away and tears filled my eyes, he gave me a confused glance and the tear slipped.

“Please don’t Chrysanthos” I wiped the tear “Damn it” they just wouldn’t stop. He stared at me quietly “I-I know that you said you won’t have me because I’m eighteen and you want me to experience life but I mean that-that’s not even fair, how dare you decide for me Chrysanthos” I shook my head “How dare you?”

“Nora I have reason” was his dry reply. Enough was enough

“What is your reason?” my eyes narrowed on him “What is it?” I demanded

“I had a mate before you Nora” That shut me up, I couldn’t help but feel angry at the new information I had just learned “She was human”

“Was?” I swallowed the lump forming in my throat

“She was brutally killed” Anger flashed threw his eyes but so did grief...how did I not see this before? “She always spoke about where she wanted to go or what she wanted to do but before she got the opportunity too she was killed by a ruthless witch. They sliced her throat-” he was staring at me but not into my soul “I should have been-if I was there” the grip on my waist tightened and I flinched

“Who are they?” I dared to ask

“Some powerful witches from the east”

“What did they want with her?”

“I don’t know” his voice was deep “But I should have been there, protecting her” the pain in his voice made me sad and want to love him until the pain disappeared.

“I’m sorry for what happened” I said while I played with his fingers. It wasn’t the place I wanted to be having a conversation about his ex mate. “Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control Chrysanthos”

I didn’t know what to say next and after a pregnant silence the next words slipped out “I’m in love with you Chrysanthos, So in love with you it’s starting to hurt” so much for perfect timing Nora.