Chapter 7

“I’m just being realistic here” Russell continued to blab on and on. This conversation started when we left Chrysanthos is land. We were currently walking to my small cottage and all I wanted was to sit in a nice hot bath and be left alone but it seemed like that wasn’t going to happen any time soon. “It’s a good that you won’t have to lose Ambrosia”

“Mm” was the only reply I could push out without my voice breaking, the minute we were back on our land Matt decided to tell me about how the Nemean lions are monsters and I’m lucky they didn’t eat me except I wanted Chrysanthos to eat me. The thought alone made my stomach tingle. The way he kissed me was mind-blowing and I just didn’t understand what triggered his cold behaviour towards me after.

“Nora?” Russell growled and his eyes became darker “I can smell your arousal” He gruffly spoke while stepping closer “You know, when I saw you in his arms, I wanted to kill somebody” I knew exactly where this was going and I wasn’t in the mood. He pinned me against my door and kissed my neck. I pushed his chest roughly and he stumbled back not expecting it.

“What the fuck Nora”

“Why are you here Russell?” I started to get angry and very impatient, I was sick and tired of this bullshit. “What is your excuse for dropping by today huh? To give me a long lecture?”

He looked at me with an unreadable expression before he spoke “Nora, you know-”

“Cut the bullshit” My voice was cracking and Ambrosia was whimpering “You want something in a Luna and unfortunately I don’t meet those standards”

“Nora careful how you speak to me, I’m your-”

“My Alpha, I know” my tone was still very harsh “You never let me forget it” I snorted

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“What it means is... I am unhappy. Being with your mate is supposed to be the sweetest thing but I have allowed you to walk all over me so that you can stay with me and not abandon me” My abandonment issues started to seep through the cracks and something on the inside was telling me to just shut up. “Enough is enough Russell”

“I’m a man Nora, I have needs” was his smart reply, his facial expression was as serious as they get. “You don’t understand my position, the pack-”

“A man?” I questioned “No. You are far from being a man Russell. You are a boy who was given a title to big to handle” please don’t cry Nora “You marked rose”

Regret and guilt flashed through his green eyes and he sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets “I guess I deserved that. Nora, Rose is strong and can control a pack in my absence”

“And I’m not?” My fists were tightly clenched by my side “You didn’t even give me a chance” my voice was now raised and I was sure everyone could hear us

“Nora!” he shouted and my wolf whimpered at the tone of her mate “You are an Omega. Your body isn’t as strong as other wolves. Please listen, if I were to let you come into battle or lead the pack, you wouldn’t be able to” his voice became softer, almost inaudible “I’m sorry I hurt you but I needed to do what was best.” My body was shaking; tears were falling down my face.

“Screw you Russell” The sensation to scream attacked my throat but all I could do was mumble words

“I Alpha Russell Christian Reeves reject you omega Nora Watterson as my mate” His voice wasn’t angry but full of sorrow

A sob escaped my lips and I swallowed harshly “I Nora Watterson accept your rejection” my body felt pain and I could feel Ambrosia going into hiding while Howling

He reached out to tuck a brown lock of hair behind my ear but I moved my head away. A sigh left his lips “I’m sorry Nora, I didn’t mean to hurt you” he whispered and when I didn’t reply he started to walk away while I remained pined to my door.