seven

As we walked into the club, thugs shouted degrading things toward me. I'd never been in there later than midnight.

"Isaac, I don't really feel safe talking to him," I said as I reached for his arm.

"It'll be fine," he reassured me, and I agreed.

Holy shit. Was I wrong to agree.
-
When I entered his room, a blonde was all over him.

"Isaac! You made it!" the blonde said, rushing over to him.

"Hey, Mom," he sighed, and I noticed something.

He actually embraced her. Like I would Damian.

And then, the Joker rose from his chair. "And you, Paxton. You also have made it."

"Made what?" I asked, though I already knew.

"The party, of course!" This man was fucking crazy.

"Maybe I should go," I said, backing towards the door.

"Maybe not," Isaac said, stopping me by my shoulder. His eyes were filled with insanity. And... lust?

Harley twiddled with the Joker's hair, and said, "Isaac, maybe you should take the lovely gal into the next room. Your father and I are busy."

I was dragged out of the room screaming and fighting.

"Shut up!" he yelled.

"What are you gonna do to me?"

"Fuck you so hard you won't be able walk tomorrow."

And he was fucking serious.

"No! You can't! Isaac, you son of a bitch! You lied!"

His hand came down hard on my cheek.

"That's my mother you're talking about, bitch!"

My hand went tentatively to my face.

"ASSHOLE!"
-
Suddenly, Paxton Al Ghul, the girl before she'd met Dick Grayson was back.

Ruthless. Heartless. But mostly, vengeful.
-
I knocked him off his feet, but to my surprise, he pulled me down with him.

"You're going to pay for that, Princess," he growled.

"I hate pet names. Only Dick can use them."

All of the rage inside of me exploded when Isaac dislocated my shoulder in one movement.

I was unable to move. Every movement caused my arm to send jolts through my body.

"Help!" I shrieked. But I knew no one would. I was about to be ruined. And there was nothing I could do about it.

"Why?" I asked. "What the fuck did I do to you?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Like I said, you are a special, special girl. And I want you."

"What makes me so special?"

In one split second, he tossed me onto the bed. I screamed in pain.

"You," he said, crawling on top of me, "Paxton Jade, can make fire."

"What the fuck are you talk about? I'm just a normal girl, douchebag!"

He began tugging on my shorts, as well as his pants.

I tried to fight once more, and failed. My arm felt as if it were on fire.

"Stop! You can't! You-"

"Watch me," he said.

Tears rolled down my face, as I struggled beneath him.
-
Just as Isaac was about to wrench my underwear off, and I'd given up, a whole lot of yelling was going on downstairs. I couldn't focus.

The door bust open, and I saw Dick. In his suit.

"Paxton!"

"Dick, help me! Please," I struggled to talk over my sobs.

"Get the fuck off of her!"

I squeezed my eyes shut, and not long after, Isaac was off of me.

"Pax?" He took one look at my limp arm, and tears filled his eyes.

"Come on, Princess. We have to go. They're going to be up here any second now."

He pulled a sweatshirt he was holding over my head. I completely forgot about my clothes on the floor. Isaac laid unconscious, and I stayed as close to Dick as I could as we left through the window.
-
He once again lifted me onto his motorcycle, and I cringed. My arm still hurt like hell.

"I'm sorry, love. I'm sorry. I know it hurts. Alfred will fix you up. I promise."

He talked almost the whole ride, and I faded in and out of consciousness. I was fucking traumatized.

"Paxton, I'm sorry. I am. I don't know why I was being such a douche. And Barb, she wasn't anyone-"

"I know."

"I'm sorry for cutting you out. I knew something was up with Isaac. I just didn't care to tell you. I'm sorry."

"Dick, I know. It's okay. I'm not completely innocent either."

"No, but-"

"Can we just forget that shit? I promise I will if you will."

He nodded. "Yeah. Okay." His hand reached for my functioning one, and squeezed lovingly.

And finally, for the first time in a year, I felt the contentment only he could provide.
-
But something kept creeping into my mind.

About what Isaac had said.

I could make fire? What in the hell did that mean? Did I want to find out?
-
aww they made up. glad i can sleep now.