five

I left in the middle of the night. I snuck out of the bed, and got as far as the door before Dick noticed I was gone.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Bathroom."

"With a backpack?"

I sighed, and leaned against the doorframe.

"I'm leaving. Right now. I need to."

He sat up, and rubbed his face.

"Wait."

"Dick, you can't change my-"

He cut me off by kissing me.

When I broke the kiss, he said, "I know I can't. I just-"

He cupped my jaw. "Don't hurt yourself. Stay safe. I-"

He wiped the tears off his face.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

And with that, I walked out of the door. I already felt alone.
-
time skip (about a year)
I tied the belt on my trench coat, and left the dirty ass apartment.

I walked downstairs, and onto the dance floor. I found one of the poles as if magnetized to it.

I began thinking of other things, just like I did every time. I collected the money that was being held up to me, and left once I was finished. Hours had passed, just like they always did, and I stumbled on my feet.

Some guys had followed me out, and I ignored them. One put his hand on my hip, and I pushed him off. I was still going to be true to my vow I made.

"Hey, Princess, how about you come with us?"

Princess. Only Dick could call me that.

"I hate pet names, asshole."

"Why don't you make an exception? Just for me?"

"No. Get off of me."

He pushed me to the ground, and I tried to crawl away.

Suddenly, Dick was there. I hadn't seen him in half a year. It wasn't a great encounter.
-
                            (flashback)
I walked through the mall searching for Victoria's Secret with my boss's son. He'd set us up on a date. And hey, I needed new clothes.

So maybe that was a little selfish, but his son was hot. And he was nice. So, I agreed to go.

"Paxton?" a voice asked from behind me. Holy shit. I knew that voice. It was Dick Grayson.

I turned with a smile plastered on my face.

"Hey, Dick." I noticed a red head beside him. A fucking red head. Like me. Except, taller, and more of an hourglass shape. He fucking replaced me. With a prettier girl.

I DO NOT THINK HOURGLASS IS THE PERFECT SHAPE. IT JUST GOES WITH MY STORY.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and dug my nails into my palms. "Who's this?" I asked, and smiled as genuinely as possible. Which wasn't much.

"Barbara Gordon. And you are?" she said, sticking her hand out to me. I wanted to knock her glasses off her nose.

The commissioner's daughter? I thought. Really Dick?

"Paxton Al Ghul," I said, trying to sound happy.  She was nice. Really. I guess I was just a little jealous.

Okay, maybe a lot. But how could he? Replacing me with her? I was furious.