six

Isaac opened the door within seconds.

"Pax? What-"

I collapsed into his chest, and sobbed. He held me there for what seemed like an eternity, and finally, I calmed down.

"Isaac, if you and I got in a fight, if you somehow found me in danger, would you still use that fight against me?"

"What do you mean? Of course not!"

I pulled my sleeve over my hand, and wiped my face. "So, it's not a guy thing. It's a Dick Grayson thing."

"Pax, I'm sorry he's such an asshole. Why don't you let me talk to him?"

"No, it's not worth it. I don't want you to kick his ass, Isaac. I just want him to understand that there were actual reasons we broke up. Not just because I was selfish or some shit."

"Why did you break up? Maybe I can help you through this if I can understand better."

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll tell you. It's a long story. Let's go sit."
-
He handed me a glass of water, and I began. I proceeded to tell him about my episodes, and then I noticed someone in the alley beside the building.

"Pax? Is everything okay?" he asked, looking out of the same window.

"What? Oh, yeah. I thought I saw someone."

And I did. It was fake Paxton.

I kept talking, and then I saw someone else. It was Damian.

"Fucking shit," I said under my breath.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing. This stuff is just hard for me to talk about. I'm okay. I promise."

I began once more, and caught Isaac's gaze. There was something about his eyes. I'd seen them before. Like before we started dating.
-
(flashback)

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in here?" the bartender asked me.

Dick had taken me out before he had to go out with Bruce for the night. I'd be long asleep before he got home. He sent me to go get some drinks while he talked to the owner.

"My boyfriend and I are here to visit for awhile before he has to go to work."

"I see," he said, as he took his snapback off, and smoothed his hair. It was so dark that I couldn't see what color it was.

But his eyes. Not as gorgeous as Dick's, but definitely in second place. So blue that they were practically clear.

He handed me both drinks, and winked. "Enjoy."
-
That was the night of my first episode. Isaac had drugged me. But then how did I have more? I didn't see him again until I started working at the club.

That was how I had just seen fake Pax again. He drugged me. But why? Who the hell was he?

"Isaac, I think I need to go." If the Damian down there was real, he could take me to Wayne Manor.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I need to go."

"Paxton, sit. Drink some more water."

"I don't want it!" I yelled, and threw the glass at his feet. That would slow him down.
-
I threw the door open, and took the stairs in twos.

"Damian!"

"Pax?"

"I know you saw me up there, stalker. We can catch up later. We need to go somewhere safer."