two

The first few months were miserable. And all because of Dick.

Every where I went, it was like he was around the corner. I guess he thought I couldn't protect myself. So, I soon proved I could.

He snuck up on me, I beat his ass. Almost.

I did knock him off his feet, but he got up swifter then I could recover, and I ended up pressed against the wall.

He smirked, and raised an eyebrow at me. I smiled innocently, then kneed him in the stomach. He doubled over, but was only acting, and then scooped me up easily.

Training every single day of my life made me incredibly thin, but built. That muscle didn't add much to my weight, however.

I was just thrown over his shoulder, and he paraded around the house with me like the total douche-bitch he was.

Finally, I remembered his weakness. Red heads. Me.

Oh well, I thought. It wont hurt to try.

I began working on a big ass hickey on his neck He stopped dead in his tracks. We were right outside of his room. Of fucking course.

I heard him smile.

"That's unfair, Paxton," he said, but it sounded more like a warning.

I removed my lips from his neck, and he placed me on the ground.

"And that shit? Carrying me around like that. That was fair?"

He shrugged. "Touché."

I walked down the hall, to my room, and he followed me.

"I bet you can make it darker."

I turned to look at him. He was dead fucking serious. So, I remembered I needed to do whatever I could to gain their trust, and I raised an eyebrow, swiping my tongue across my bottom lip.

"Oh, you do?"

He leaned against the wall crossing his arms. The action sent chills down my spine. Was I falling love with him? Or into lust?
-
If it was love, however, I was going to squash the everliving shit out of it. After all, I was going to have to kill him.

But hey, Alexandra didn't tell me I couldn't enjoy my time there. She just told me I had to kill them. And I would.

Eventually.
-
I smiled as he led me into his room. Once the door was closed, he slipped his thumbs into the waistband of my shorts.

I don't know what I was thinking. Honestly. I was just in the moment. And then I snapped out.

"Wait," I said, and he stopped immediately.

I tried to hold back my tears.

"What? Did I do something?"

"Are you serious?"

"What?"

"Oh my God." I slapped his hands off my waist.

"Pax? What? What did I do?"

"The fuck do you think I am? Some kind of object?"

"No, Pax, I-"

"Save it," I said as I walked out of his room.

I hugged my chest, and held back my tears until I got to my room.

Soon after, he was at the door. I locked it.

"Pax, please." I ignored him. "Paxton, I'll stay out here all damn night if I have to. You don't have to open the door. Just talk to me. I thought-"

"You thought fucking wrong."

"Paxton, is it me? Did I do something?"

"Are you really that unaware? You just met me. And you already want to have sex with me? Is that really how you act with women?"

"Pax, I thought you wanted to. I'm sorry."

More tears fell down my cheeks. "Not that this concerns you, Dick Grayson, but I'm waiting until marriage. I want it to be special. Not just something meaningless and lust filled." He leans against the door.

"I want it to be love," I broke into tears again, realizing that I did love him. I realized I was in absolute love with this boy.

And then I remembered that I had to kill him.
-
I hear him sigh, and he says, "I think that idea is beautiful. I love it."

Me, I think. Tell me that you love me. Please. That's all I need to hear.

But he didn't. And yet, I opened the door. He stood there, looking so distraught, and I felt terrible.

He looked up, and my heart did cartwheels. His eyes were piercing.

"Dick," I whispered. "I-"

He took over, and I didn't fight him. His hands came to my cheeks, and his lips to mine.

My insides turned to jelly, and despite the cool tones in his eyes, all I felt was warmth.

After what felt like an eternity, but I knew was only a few seconds, he broke the kiss. I buried my face in his chest and cried again.

"Pax-"

"Don't say a fucking word," I said through sobs.

And he didn't. Not until he tried to leave me a few hours later.

We'd fallen asleep after he'd tried to calm me down with cuddles. (Which, of course, worked.)

He unwrapped his arms from my waist.

"Where are you going?" I already felt the sense of emptiness when he slid off the bed.

"My room. I want to let you sleep."

"No, come back. I was sleeping fine. I don't want you to go. Please don't."

He slid back under the blanket, and I rolled over to face him. He smiled.

"Go back to sleep, Princess."

I rolled my eyes, then smiled back. "I hate pet names."

He winked. "I know."

He wrapped one arm around my shoulders, and slipped his other arm around my midsection.
-
The serenity I felt with him was unreal. I knew that no matter what was coming, this was where I was meant to be. With him.

With Dick Grayson.