What to do?

About two months passed and Nath and I hadn’t seen each other and we had really talked much either.

I was missing his clumsiness and jokes.

It was a Saturday and I was casually scrolling twitter which I normally did while I was bored, there was this tweet which had been retweeted by Nath the tweet was by a person called Jayne Collins the tweet said ‘I would like to introduce a new five piece boyband, the members include Tom Parker, Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness and finally Nathan Sykes.

When I saw his name my mouth dropped in amazement and shock, I grabbed my phone and dialled Nathan’s number.

‘Hey Luce.’ He called merrily down the phone.

‘Hello Loser, you at home?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, why?’ he replied.

‘Stay there.’ I said before hanging up and getting changed. I threw on whatever accompanying it with my high tops, bracelets and a hat, Nath had given me for my 16th which was earlier on in the year a few days after his birthday.

I ran to Nathan’s he only lived 5 minutes away so it didn’t take too long. I knocked on the door.

‘Hey.’ He smiled.

‘Hello mister who is now in a boyband.’ I replied hugging him and ruffling his hair.

‘I take it you saw the tweet then.’ He laughed.

‘I sure did.’ I grinned.

He then went all sad something was bugging him.

‘What’s wrong Nath?’ I asked dragging him to sit down on the sofa.

‘It’s nothing don’t worry.’ He replied putting on a fake smile.

‘Don’t try that on me, I know when you lie.’ I said seriously this time.

‘I have to move to London and live with the rest of the boys so we can get to know each other.’ He explained.

I just sat there staring into space, that means I would see Nathan hardly ever.

‘That’s not fair!’ I said.

‘You can come visit me whenever you like I promise!’ Nath replied cuddling me.

‘I’ll miss you Nath.’ I sighed.

‘I’ll miss you to Luce.’ He replied, he looked into my eyes I looked back we gazed at each other before I broke the stare and looked to the floor.

‘When you leaving?’ I asked nervously.

‘Tomorrow…’ Nathan trailed off.

‘In that case, I need to whip your ass on video games before you leave.’ I winked trying not to think about the fact my best friend in the world was leaving tomorrow.

‘Bring it on Blondie.’ He laughed stealing my cap.

‘Oi, give it back Loser.’ I said trying to reach for it.

He finally gave it back and I gave him a friendly punch in the side of the arm.

We played video games until really late, trying to beat each other and laughing at each other when one another lost.

‘Right loser, I best be off.’ I said jumping off the sofa.

Nath walked me to the door, ‘Bye Blondie.’ He smiled before hugging me.

I didn’t reply, cos I hate saying bye. I just walked off down the road back to my house, when I got home I looked at my phone as it was flashing. Oh no it was my desperate ex again. I left him last year, Nathan and him hated each other.

‘Lucie I really miss you, I’m sorry about what I did.’ There was then an evil threatening one. ‘Ahaha your buddy boy Nathan is leaving tomorrow you will have no one to protect you then.’

I closed the messages and just stared up at my ceiling, what was I gonna do.