24: Sedatephobia

Unwanted Wife
Chapter 24: Sedatephobia

Jimin's POV

"Rest is all that he needs. He can take vitamins and medicines for his iron supplement too," the doctor said before leaving the room.

What the doctor said made me sigh in relief. Good thing it wasn't that serious and what he just needs is lots of sleep.

Jungkook was diagnosed with over fatigue. It's because he only gets 5 hours of sleep a day and he's been working all day under the sun. Plus, he keeps on skipping meals. Also, his blood pressure is low due to lack of sleep and not getting enough nutrients for his body.

I shook my head while my hands are crossed below my chest as I sat next to Jungkook's bed.

It feels awkward, and silence is eating the both of us. I bit my upper lip as I searched for words but they're getting stuck in my throat.

"I t-told you...you don't need to worry. I'm fine," Jungkook nervously said, finally breaking the silence, and he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Was that a joke?" I rolled my eyes. Jungkook just shook his head while fidgeting his fingers.

And again, silence took us over.
We're both thinking about what to say. I just stared at him and pictured him before. His face looks longer because of his hollow cheeks, his arms are still muscular like before, but as the other parts of his body, they had gone thin.

"How can't I worry?" I was shy to say this, that's why it went out like a whisper. Maybe I'm just not used to this.

I sound like a real wife that is mad at him because he is careless about his health.

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck.

"Jimin...I'm really fine. I can even dance in front of you right now just to tell you that I feel okay."

"Y-you don't have to do that. Just tell me if something hurts. Okay?" I looked directly into his eyes. Jungkook gave me a small smile and a nod.

Silence was back, it was really awkward. I don't know what to say and what to do in order to break the silence.

Ah, yeah!

"Have a rest while I go for groceries. You need to eat a lot," I said and took my wallet on Jungkook's side table.

"You need to regain all the weight you have lost," I added.

Another awkward thing is I don't know how to say goodbye to him.

Should I just wave?
Just leave the room?
I found myself blushing.
Or...kiss him---

I felt my cheeks turn red when I thought about kissing him--aniiii

"If I'm not here and something happens, you can press this red button. Press this if you need something," I instructed while pointing the emergency button beside him.

Now, what should I do?

Jungkook was just staring at me. What to do? I bit my lower lip and slowly opened my palm and waved it at Jungkook while saying "Bye" awkwardly.

I hope the floor could swallow me at this very moment. I felt so embarrassed! I immediately turned my back to hide my face but Jungkook grabbed my wrist and pulled me over and tucked me in his arms.

My eyes opened wide and my breath hitched. I blinked once. His scent can kill me a thousand times. I slowly wrapped my hands around Jungkook too.