01: Unwanted Wife

Unwanted Wife
Chapter 01: Introduction

They say if you love someone you should risk everything, even your own life. You will do your best to see their smile. You'll sacrifice everything just to know their happy. But I already did my best. I risked, sacrificed and did everything that I could think of but It looks like I'm the mistake here because no matter how I do everything my husband will never be happy seeing me as his wife.

A relationship is like a tug of war wherein the both of you should hold the rope to keep the relationship going on and the both of you should fight for it.

But what if you're just the only one who's fighting? and he is just there looking at you doing nothing? Will you still hold the rope? or let go?

---

I breathed heavily as I set the meal on the table. Sweat streamed down my face. I made sure that the table was clean and presentable. I smiled, feeling so proud of myself after seeing the plating that I learned from youtube last night. I want to make this day special as today is the day when my husband returns. After a month of waiting, I'm able to see him again.

I immediately took off my apron when I heard a car parked outside. I rushed to the nearest mirror in the kitchen and combed my hair using my fingers as I wiped my oily face.

Jungkook came so early. I haven't made myself look presentable yet, I still smell like the food I just cooked a while ago.

I stared at myself for seconds before practising my smile.

I have three types of smile, the first one was the "three smile" for which my eyes and lips are all smiling, and the second one was the "showing my beautiful set of teeth smile" and the last one was the "fake smile" which I practise the most.

It's hard to smile when you're not really happy but you need to do it to let the world know that you're strong.

I smiled one last time, I don't want to look ugly infront of him.

"Mommy! Mommy! Daddy is here!" Minsuk runs excitedly towards the door to meet his father.

I followed him. He jumps to reach the door knob to open it for his father. After many tries he finally reached the door knob and turned it open, showing his father behind it.

Minsuk jumped nonstop. Happiness is visible in his actions. He misses his father so much. Jungkook bent down to level his son. Minsuk jumps and hugged his father as tight as he can.

"Did you miss daddy?" Jungkook asked before planting small kisses on Minsuk's forehead.

"YES YES DADDY!" Minsuk exclaimed.

I like seeing them like that. It feels so good.

Jungkook stood up. I leaned closer to him and was about to give him a kiss on his cheek when he stepped back and went inside the house. Avoiding me.

Oh, i forgot. Jungkook doesn't have any feelings for me.

Here I am, showing him my practiced "fake smile", trying hard to prevent tears to fall down on to my cheeks. I don't want to look weak.

I call myself his babysitter rather than his "wife". Yes we're husband and wife and we got married because his parents wanted to.

Back then I was just Jungkook's friend. Yes, I had feelings for him and decided just keep it by myself after knowing that he already had someone in his heart.

As his friend, I gave him my full support, and gave the best advice to win that person's heart because i think that's what friends are supposed to do.

"Dinner is ready, I cooked your favourite food" I said using the sweetest tone of my voice.

"I already ate" he said coldly as he went upstairs without even looking at the food that I made for him.

Jungkook's real wife died years ago. Since then I have never seen him smile again, he became emotionless and cold. We never talk that much. It is only "welcome home" and "goodbye".

At the time when he got depressed I took care of his son. His dad goes home once a week and those times if hes not drunk then he'd been crying and shouting his wife's name repeatedly until he gets tired.

His parents knew about my feelings towards Jungkook that's why they told Jungkook to marry me. No, they forced Jungkook to marry me

"Jimin is nice, don't you think it's nice to be with him forever? He's perfect for you." I remembered them saying it in front of Jungkook like nothing happened between their son and his wife.

That moment, Jungkook got mad at me. I didn't want him to marry me--I mean that was my dream but his wounds are still fresh and I don't think I can replace his lost wife.

It's been three years since Jungkook and I got married. Time flies so fast that I didn't even feel that it was three years already. I didn't even feel how to be a real wife.

To be honest, I really didn't want the wedding to happen especially as he still loves that person. And when you love someone you can't just forget about your memories with that person easily.

Years past and the anger inside Jungkook's heart for me didn't fade, maybe because he thought that I forced his parents to make him marry me. I kept explaining it to him but he never listens.

Anniversary, we tried to celebrate this once.

"Hey Kookie, today is our anniversary--how about going on a d-date?" I nervously asked him on the phone.

I didn't get any reply. "Please?" I asked trying to sound cute, but failed.

"Just for thirty minutes" he said coldly and hung up.

Those thirty minutes were awesome, believe me. We ate in a famous restaurant without talking to each other, only our spoons and forks are making noises. Happy isn't it?

But that's fine, Just seeing his face can makes my day complete.

I slowly sat on the chair and ate while tears are starting to run down to my cheeks.

I forced my lips to smile. "Minsuk and I miss you Jungkook, thank you for coming home. The food tastes really good." I mumbled as I wiped my tears but it was replaced by another one.

"I put a lot of effort doing these. I wish you could eat with me"

---
A/N: Hey! it is my first jikook story in english. I actually wrote this story before and i didn't continue because i'm busy with mah school and forgot about this. While i was deleting some of my drafts i saw this and (i kindda liked it lol) that's why im gonna share this to you guys! Hope you liked it too

Jiminnati