Chapter 8

One month Later...

Nora POV

“Nora? Hello?” Samantha looked at me dumbfounded. “You okay? You were out for quite a while.”

“Yeah; just starving” I was still feeling like shit but my friend and her mate is obsession with pie managed to bring us here. My morning went on as usual; get up, school, avoid Russell. It has been a month since Chrysanthos and Russell rejecting me. I was slowly starting to let go of the both of them but they are moments when I can’t even get out of bed without Sam dragging my ass out. Russell and Rose announced that they were mates and a ceremony was held for them. An intimate ceremony that didn’t include some pack members. Samantha went and no matter what she said I knew they were happy.

“Well think less about food, and eat your actual lunch; it’s gonna be cold.” Sam said through a mouthful of food. Perfect solution: stop thinking. “Where are you going?”

“My fork’s dirty; I’ll be right back.”I pulled my seat back, getting up.

“Come back with some ketchup.”

“Okey dokes” I walked over to the counter and got my fork then walked over to an empty table to grab a bottle of ketchup. I picked up the ketchup and was turning around when I hit someone; hard enough to knock my fork out of my hand. “I’m so s-” it was him. It couldn’t be him. But it was. I froze. I found myself incapable of picking up my fork. “Sorry.” I managed to complete the word but the electric atmosphere said volumes more.

 His large arm reached past me, picking up a fork from the table. “I should be the one apologising” he responded, holding the fork out for me.  How could someone be so handsome? From his tanned skin to his full pink lips and hair that was pushed out of his face. His hair was still long; he was dressed in some dark jeans, a black t-shirt that fit his body deliciously with a jacket over it. His eyes still held that intensity that made me want to jump his bones. He looked at me up and down and I immediately regretted not listening to Sam when she told me to dress up pretty but me being the moron I am settled for a pair of faded jeans folded at the bottom and a bland coloured hoodie

“Thank you.” I managed to choke out while I took the fork out of his hand, my fingertips gently brushing his palm. I turned around and walked back to my table.

“Took you long enough!” Sam said with an excited grin while she took the ketchup out of my sweaty palms. “You okay? You’re as red as a tomato”

“Yeah” I breathed out. I could feel his eyes on me but decided to leave it; I wasn’t chasing more heartbreak “I want to leave”

“But we just got here”

“No Sam...I mean leave the pack” she stopped eating and looked at me

“Why?” she asked me sadly. Think damn it

“I want to look for my dad” I lied through gritted teeth; truth was I wanted to leave because I couldn’t stand the small town or my pack anymore.

“I’m happy for you but what about school?”

“I have an aunty who stays in Colombia”

“Have you spoken to your grandma?”

“Yes I have” Another lie, truth was no one knew that I was leaving. My grandmother was happy with Eric, an older wolf who used to be in the wolf council.

“Baby, you’ll never guess what other pie they have here” Spencer laughed, juggling two plates in his hands.

“Do you have to eat like such a pig?” Sam questioned her mate. Turn out they were mates after all and were perfect together.