[Exert] If... (Non-Baby Realm!)

[a/N] AHaahaAH I could be doing other writing other than this (NEED TO BE DOING OTHER WRITING OTHER THAN THIS) but I had this idea in my head of what Harry would do if Nick Grimshaw was released early SO YAS imma do it be prepared for inaccuracies I'm just a 19 year old girl studying English not law okay.

This also has nothing to do with the baby one shot, it's not in the baby universe.

Louis woke up in his usual spot, having rolled onto Harry's side of the bed at some point during the night like always, tucked up against Harry's chest. He huffed a bit, because he really wasn't looking forward to going to work. Granted, it was much better than his five years of community service had been, and he'd only been working at the store he worked at for three months, but because of his record the only job he could get was a job bagging groceries. Harry, always the optimist, ensured him that things would get better, that in time people would be more prone to accepting Louis' job applications.

The smaller man prepared to untangle himself from Harry's limbs, but he realized that there wasn't even a hint of light creeping through the window like there was at their normal time of waking up. He felt a small little jolt of happiness, but was unwilling to glance at the clock as he wiggled back further into Harry. He could stay in bed and cuddle with his husband longer. However, Louis felt Harry jerk in his sleep, and he figured it was what had woken him.

Harry twitched again, his arms tightening around Louis as he gave a quiet huff. And yet, Harry was still sleeping. Louis knew immediately what was happening, having shared a bed with Harry for five years. The younger man was dreaming, and normally when Harry twitched the way he was twitching, his dream wasn't pleasant. So, Louis reached back his arm and gently ran his fingers soothingly over Harry's side and hip in hopes of lightly waking him up.

It seemed to work, even though Louis was unable to keep the small gasp from escaping Harry's lips, and he felt the strong arms curl around him tightly and practically crush him to the agent's chest.

"Babe?" Louis asked softly, and Harry jumped slightly.

"Mmm," Harry responded. "Sorry, love. Go back to sleep."

"Y'alright?" Louis continued, rubbing the arms that were wrapped around him.

Harry hummed, "Oh yeah. M'fine."

Louis wiggled then, making Harry loosen his grip so he could roll over and face the man, his brow raised, "Don't you lie to me, Egghead."

Of course, Louis couldn't let the nickname die, not even after five years. He loved the name... just not as much as he loved his Egghead. Harry chuckled sleepily, "It's the same dream as always, Louis, you know me."

"Who's Louis?" the older man joked.

"Shakira," Harry sighed fondly, stroking Louis' sleep rumpled hair away from his face. "You should sleep. I have to get up in two hours."

"We have to get up," Louis corrected. Louis actually didn't have to get up for another two hours after Harry, but he refused to stay in a bed that Harry was no longer in, and so he always got up when his husband did. He usually dozed back off on the couch once Harry had left anyway.

"Even more reason to sleep," Harry responded, leaning and kissing Louis' forehead. Louis watched as Harry's eyes fluttered shut, and Louis' gaze fell onto the man's lips. He briefly wondered if a quick kiss would be worth the morning breath, but he settled for kissing Harry's jaw instead and snuggling back into him. And like always after Harry would wake from his 'usual' bad dream, he wrapped Louis back up in his arms and held him close.

Louis actually felt bad for his husband, who was plagued by a dream involving events that had happened five years prior. Harry had revealed to him the details of the dream the very first night he had it, which was actually the second time Louis later found out. The first night had taken place back when Louis was in the hospital with broken ribs, and the second time was back when Louis was still on house arrest and the two had slept in Lottie's old bedroom.