Part Eight

[A/N]: MY BOLD AND ITALICS BAR IS BACK IN GOOGLE CHROME :DDDDD DO I CRY YES JKSFJSKJFSKD I MISSED GOOGLE CHROME. Okay. Onward.

Harry sat at the table, massaging his temples as horror spread through him. He had just kissed Louis Tomlinson. Louis fucking Tomlinson, the criminal that had mocked him and stolen millions in jewellery, and he had full on snogged the man. He couldn't even blame it on the fact that he wasn't sober either, because he wasn't even that drunk. He still had enough wits about him to stop himself from fucking the man right then and there against the kitchen counter, so why couldn't he have stopped himself from kissing the man?

Once Louis had somewhat recovered from the buzzing in his brain Harry's lips had created, he stared in confusion to the panicking agent. The younger man was tugging at his hair and mumbling something to himself. Louis wasn't sure how to respond, but he hesitantly stepped forward, stretching a hesitant hand toward him, "Um... Harry?"

The man instantly peeked up at Louis from between his hands, "You shouldn't call me that."

Louis shook his head confusedly, "Are you-"

"Probably not," Harry responded before Louis could finish. "I'm in a shit ton of trouble. I just... that just happened."

"Why are you in trouble?"

"Because now you can use that against me," Harry hissed. "I'm a federal agent, I'm supposed to be professional and I kissed a criminal that I should have taken in by now."

Louis tried to fight the wave of sadness that washed over him, because he personally had enjoyed kissing Harry. For some strange reason, he began regretting his past thievings. He wasn't necessarily ashamed of everything he had done by stealing, but he hated that it made him a criminal. Hated that it made Harry hate him. Because he really liked Harry.

"I kissed you," Louis said instantly.

"Yes, let's not make this worse than it already is," the agent snapped, standing and pushing his chair in angrily. Louis stopped Harry before the man could walk past him, and Harry nearly pushed him away.

"No, no," Louis explained. "I... you didn't kiss me. I kissed you."

"Louis," Harry said in disbelief. "I mean... Tomlinson. You and I both know what happened."

"Yeah, but other people don't," Louis replied. "If the matter comes up... and I don't think it will, because I'm not going to tell anyone... I kissed you."

Harry was stunned by the older man, and he shook his head in attempts to clear his mind, "Why the hell would you lie? Do you know how much trouble I could get in? I could lose my job. I could face jail time myself I'm fairly certain."

"Which you don't deserve," Louis told him softly. "I want you to continue being the great agent you are after you throw me in jail... preferably along with Nick Grimshaw to settle my mind while I'm confined to a cell. Maybe your job will be simpler without me."

The younger man examined Louis for any traces of lying, but the man was staring solemnly at Harry. He didn't look nervous, he wasn't sweaty or shaky. He simply kept Harry's gaze, and he looked sad. Before Harry could respond, his phone was buzzing in his pocket. He pulled it out while Louis lowered his gaze to the floor and stepped from the room, more than likely giving Harry his privacy.

"Styles," Harry sighed into the phone.

"Hey mate," Niall began slowly.

"Niall?" Harry asked, suddenly concerned at the tone of Niall's voice.

"Can you maybe... come to the bureau to gear up?"

Harry was alert immediately, "What's happening?"