Part Twenty-Seven

[A/N]: YOU ALL ARE HELPING ME OUT SO MUCH AND IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME IT REALLY DOES! I LOVE YOU. THIS IS DEDICATED TO VELVETLOUIS FOR THE MULTIMEDIA :D

Harry was seething. If it weren't for an injured Louis standing in front of him, he'd more than likely being flipping things over. Or at least in his mind he would be, because as an agent, he usually had to keep a level head.

"Payne isn't letting me?" Harry snarled. "What the hell does that even mean?"

"I don't know, Harry," Zayn said softly. "Agent Murs said that yesterday when he was called into Payne's office, they were talking about you. Murs managed to avoid the most important stuff, but Payne... Payne still told Agent Murs that it'd be best if you weren't there."

"I'm coming to talk to him," Harry said firmly. "Today."

Louis huffed at that, clearly disapproving. He pointed to Harry's injured arm with a scowl. Harry simply grabbed Louis' hand and tangled their fingers together.

"Harry..." Zayn warned. "If Payne is having suspicions then-"

"Then I'm going to get rid of them," Harry grumbled. "And I'm going to Louis' court hearing, and he's not going to jail. Agent Murs hasn't even spoken with him yet! What about a lawyer for him? What about-"

Louis had gone rigid, his jaw clenching as his eyes widened. Harry could feel Louis' hand tighten in his own, but Louis remained silent as he waited for Harry to get off the phone.

"Alright, Harry..." Zayn said softly. "Just don't do anything rash."

"I won't."

Harry hung up the phone, slowly slipping it back into his pocket as his eyes fell on Louis. Louis' eyes searched Harry's face, and the hand not clutching Harry's wrapped around to press carefully over his injured ribs, "...What?"

"That was Zayn," Harry forced his voice to remain steady. "Your case is on Monday."

Louis' eyes widened, and he swallowed hard, "Right, right... my case. I'm technically arrested right now. That's why I'm not allowed to leave the floor and why guards are standing in front of the stairs and the lift. I probably wouldn't even be allowed to leave the room if it wasn't necessary for my recovery."

"Let's walk," Harry said softly, slipping his arm around Louis again. He moved his arm from Louis' upper back down to Louis' waist instead.

Louis pursed his lips as they walked, "And you were saying something else about the case? About going to my court hearing?"

"Yes," Harry bit his lip, unsure of how Louis would react to the news he was about to reveal. "Payne said I couldn't go."

"He said what?!" Louis stopped immediately even though Harry kept walking, resulting in Harry almost pulling him over.

"Shit, babe-" Harry gasped, hands seizing Louis' hips to steady him. "Are you alright, I'm so sorry!"

"What do you mean he said you couldn't go?" Louis screeched.

Harry glanced around them anxiously, gently hushing him, "Shh... I'm going, I'm going. I said I was going to go talk to Payne today and convince him to let me go. I don't know if I can do anything there but I'm going to be in that room with you."

Louis' hands were latching onto Harry's shirt as his breathing grew more rapid, "But what if he says no?! What if you can't be in there, too? Harry, I need you in there, I don't think I can- I don't like confrontation, what if... what if they..."

"Breathe," Harry reminded nervously. "Do we need to go back to your room to talk about this? Actually, yes, yes we do. It's more private and you're making me anxious breathing like that. You're going to hurt your ribs."