Chapter 10

Carter's P.O.V.

   "Where are we?" A scared little voice asked from behind me.

    "We're in a, I guess you could say underground treehouse."

     "Underground treehouse? What does that mean?"

      "Basically it's a room in and underneath this big oak tree. Me and Jesse used to come here all the time as kids." I said smiling at the memories. Although it wasn't always fun and games here. We always had a job to do whether we knew it or not.

      "An-and you're sure we're safe?"

      "Of course. Only the Alpha and Beta know about this. And me and Jesse since I'm the future Alpha and he the future Beta. And well now you."

      Wow was all that escaped her lips. She started looking around. I wonder what she was thinking about? Was she wondering why I even brought her here? Or second guessing her feelings for me? Or wondering why she's even in this situation? It had me wondering for sure. All if a sudden she turns to me. She looks up at me expectantly. There really is no backing out now. If I don't tell her she could leave me and I don't think I could handle that.

    "Okay Angelique, what I'm going to tell you, you just need to listen with no interruption okay? Can you do that?"

   Nodding her head she said, "Yeah, yeah of course I can."

   "Do you remember when I told you fairy-tales were real?" I looked at her expectantly.

     She just nodded.

    "Do you remember how I said I would tell you the whole story later?"

    Once again she just nodded.

    "Well here it goes. Most "fairy-tale creatures" have been here longer than humans. Vampires and werewolves came around the same time as humans. As you know a witch is very powerful. When God created humans and told these mythical creatures they needed to be kept a secret that angered them. The other creatures were fine with it. They liked the idea of living in peace and accepted it no problem. The witches wanted to be in power. They didn't want to be ruled they wanted to rule. As a result they created these "body guards". They created them to be vengeful and to protect them. The witches underestimated them. These things were very powerful. Incredibly fast and strong. They could mesmerize you in a second. Along with many different qualities. The witches didn't know how to control them. They were blood thirsty. They turned on the witches and went after the humans. Yes, these things are vampires. The guardian angels needed to protect the humans but didn't know how. They couldn't stay on earth for very long. So they created creatures of their own to protect them. They got a select group of humans and shifted them into wolves. They too had their own special qualities. They got into a war with the vampires trying to protect the humans. In the end their were to many wolves and the vampires had no other choice but to surrender. They created a treaty that said vampires would not hunt humans, strictly animals. That, however, was broken by the Moonshine Clan. My ancestors were apart of the original pack. They were actually the first created. They were the most powerful. My grandfather led them. When they won, they broke into smaller packs. My ancestors pack the most powerful. Which is why we still are. When the Moonshine Clan had broken the treaty, everyone turned to my grandfather for guidance. He had a plan to kill the "king vampires" love. It happened. So that they know we mean business, he ordered for it to be done every 50 years. Since it's an Alpha order no one can go against it. They've wanted revenge since it first happened. That is the whole story."

   I looked at her to see her reaction. Her face. was blank, emotionless. What's going on? Just as I was going to ask her, she spoke.

    "So, so you mean to tell me that girl was a vampire?"

    "Yes."

    "She wanted me dead?"

    "Yes."

     "Their whole clan type thing wants me dead?"

      "Yes."

     "Because I'm your mate?"

     "Yes."

     "Because they want your Alpha and pack to hurt just like they are?"

     "Yes."

     "Carter?"

     "Yes?"

    "I'm scared of these monsters! Of what could happen! Of-"

    I cut her off and grabbed her.

    "Shh. It's okay. Don't worry I won't let anything happen to you. You're my life and I would stop at nothing to protect you."

    "Carter that's just it!" She pushed me away. That hurt. "I'm not only scared of them! I'm scared of myself! Of my feelings! I care about you! A lot! Way more than I should! What would happen if I got hurt? Or you? I can't bear that emotional toll! I don't want you to either." She was in hysterics.

    I grabbed her gently.

    "Angelique. I promise you these feelings are normal. It's because we are mates. Do you understand?"

    "Yes."

    "I love you Angelique."

     "I love you too."

     Those three words. Those three little words have a huge effect on me. In that moment I knew she meant them 100%.

*Authors Note*

Sorry guys! I'm hoping this is long enough for you all! I know I've been gonna for a long while! I do have good reasons! My sister got married. Then we went to go visit her. She lives in New Mexico and I love in California so yeah a far way. Then I took my SAT'S! And finally I had friend drama. Yeah, people started drama but for the better because I have no negativity in my life right now!(: Yeah I'm on summer vacation so hopefully I'll update more! I'm pretty sure because I have a boring life. Anyways. Vote or comment. Tell me what you like. And what you think of Angelique knowing everything. Till I update. Bye guys.✌☁